Craftsman Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch1957

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Sears Number: 917-351-781

Can anyone tell me if this saw has a in tank fuel line & filter ? There seems to be nothing in the tank but yet there is a fuel line hook up going to the carby.
If so, how does one replace the in-tank fuel pick up. There seems to be no remedy. Grand-dad passed this on to me and other than the above it is a complete saw with 110 psi.

Please respond.

Thanks.

:chainsaw:

That pressure is a bit low for most modern saws and almost every saw is supposed to have a filter in the tank. I'd guess the line rotted off and the filter was dumped out.

Have a pic?

It needs a fuel line to supply the carb, the filter is weighted so it is always at the bottom of the tank no matter which way the saw is oriented.

lines get fed thru the top of the tank,under the carb/intake. one is the pickup,other is the return.pull your muffler off and take a look at your piston before you go any further.either your compression tester is off or the saw doesnt have much life left(new P/C)

Latest posts

Back