Craigslist Clown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was work!!! we sold 30-40 cords that way last year and lost one of the guys that was involved so we went to a processor to avoid killing ourselves this year. I just found out a couple weeks ago what a cord of wood weighs and am pretty glad we arent hauling it in my truck anymore. I knew it was a little top heavy...sideboards were 6" above the cab to fit a cord...but we weighed one of our loads on the dump truck a few weeks ago...3200 pounds
Dry weight too.

i will call it semi dry weight. we cut everything and stack it in 8-14' lengths last december-april then run it through the processor as needed. no moisture meter to give a definite reading though.

For just processor loaded and not stacking I can do a cord in 20-25 mins. It's loading the logs, fighting the odd ones and stacking in the truck that really eats time.

I believe Blockbuster specs it for 2 cords an hr which is pretty accurate. I have a larger pump on my splitter, factory is 23 gpm and I put a larger gear section in it for 30gpm. It gives me around 5 second cycle on the splitter.
I'm not sure on the other pump size. It runs the conveyor and saw motor. The saw is a fair amount quicker than the processor in the video.
All powered by a 35hp Kubota engine.

Latest posts

Back