Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Thanks, but I usually smoke alone.:dizzy:

2 cords of cottonwood

Free Firewood (2 cords)

Free Firewood! I just cut down my 40 foot Cottonwood and am offering the wood at no charge to anyone willing to haul it away. I estimate that there is over 2 cords, most ready to burn. If you want it, you have to take the good with the bad (all or nothing)! There is a pile of small branches and bark and some larger pieces that will need to be split, all must go at the same time! Call ***** at ***-***-**** if you want it. This ad will be removed when it's gone.

View attachment 288053
View attachment 288054
View attachment 288055
View attachment 288056

Welcome to A.S !

Free Firewood! . . . If you want it, you have to take the good with the bad (all or nothing)! . . . all must go at the same time!

These guys shoot themselves in the foot with the 'all or nothing' lines. I get what they are trying to accomplish, but they also lose the potential help they are seeking. Instead of having to deal with some brush, they have to deal with it all. Also lose the chance to get rid of stuff incrementally.

Cottonwood is not as desirable as other firewood types, so he should be happy if people show up just to take some. Heck, I would pick up some pieces for free just to cut and split, but I am not going to do his clean up for him.

When I had a stump chipped out several years ago, I piled all the chips in my alley with a 'Free' sign. Chips disappeared over the course of a few weeks. If I had insisted that they all go at once, they might still be there.

Philbert

Welcome to A.S !

These guys shoot themselves in the foot with the 'all or nothing' lines. I get what they are trying to accomplish, but they also lose the potential help they are seeking. Instead of having to deal with some brush, they have to deal with it all. Also lose the chance to get rid of stuff incrementally.

Cottonwood is not as desirable as other firewood types, so he should be happy if people show up just to take some. Heck, I would pick up some pieces for free just to cut and split, but I am not going to do his clean up for him.

When I had a stump chipped out several years ago, I piled all the chips in my alley with a 'Free' sign. Chips disappeared over the course of a few weeks. If I had insisted that they all go at once, they might still be there.

Philbert

Thanks! There truly is a forum for everything these days! :msp_thumbup:

If I could fit it all in my 2wd tacoma, I would, but few people in downtown Denver have a trailer and truck big enough to haul all that green wood.

Oh, that must be the travel model

Last week I saw a non running 2300 generac pressure washer on c/l for $45. I was there quickly and paid the asking price as he had had more calls. He couldn't start it with either. I started it by adding some gas to the tank and choking it.

It wouldn't run off choke so I cleaned the carb, 160 honda gcv. The main jet was partially blocked.

It was run twice 12 gears ago. It runs again now. Sometimes C/L pays off.

Latest posts

Back