Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know there had been a buyout.
I guess that "Task Force" will soon have flippy technology.

Miter Saw And Chain Saw

" 10 Inch Task Force sliding compound miter saw with laser guide. And chain saw . Both products of Stihl. . $125 for both "

LOL
Here is a safe way to cut firewood.
NO Kickback to worry about.
NO heavy chainsaw to lift for hours on end.
No Gas and Oil Fumes to breath in.
Cuts up to 5 inch logs.
This is an Electric Swing Saw with 10 inch Circular Saw Blade.
Made to cut firewood quickly and easily without the dangers of a chainsaw or ax.

He makes it sound so safe to use, no danger of getting hurt since your not using a chainsaw or an ax.

There was a homemade swing saw like that in the garage of a house I lived in once, a long time ago. I used it like a radial arm saw to cut up some boards for shelves. Like a lot of things, yeah, it works. But . . .

Would not want to use if for firewood - holding hand is too close.

Wonder if different guys came up with this design independently, or if maybe it was posted in a 1930's farm magazine or something like that?

Philbert

LOL
Here is a safe way to cut firewood.
NO Kickback to worry about.
NO heavy chainsaw to lift for hours on end.
No Gas and Oil Fumes to breath in.
Cuts up to 5 inch logs.
This is an Electric Swing Saw with 10 inch Circular Saw Blade.
Made to cut firewood quickly and easily without the dangers of a chainsaw or ax.

He makes it sound so safe to use, no danger of getting hurt since your not using a chainsaw or an ax.

Just looked at that. I'd buy that for 25 bucks.

I ran an arbor saw for five winters a lot...they are no more or no less dangerous than any other power tool.

??? What else are you growing down there in GA???

Philbert

P.S. - If you like that saw, here is a splitter you would LOVE:

I was just saying I ran one late winter every year for five years and never noticed it being all that dangerous. It had a nice swing table, you loaded it, swung it into the saw blade, it cut, that was it. You were never inline with the blade, always off to the side, and you had complete control of how fast you swung the log into the blade.

I guess..working in a ton of woodshops previously and using all sorts of large industrial wood mangling apparati, maybe I am a little non chalant about some things. Familiarity?? Hard to explain...hmm..when you first start learning a new (hazardous) skill, there are dangers, the dangers never go away, but after awhile you have done it enough to where you concentrate on the job, and with practice and familiarity you lose apprehension. You retain situational awareness, but..you get the job done.

Not saying the kiiji ad was a great build, but all of it together is worth 25 bucks, even just for parts.

I have done numerous jobs in my life, to me, commercial fishing is x (small but significant number, say 2 or 3) times more dangerous than any wood cutting I have done or seen.

I can only go by my own experience, never did any PNW logging (top tier for hazards I guess), and never did any arctic or antarctic fishing either (again, top tier). but..guys do it.

Back