Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHAHAHA! Tell him you'll pay two dollars but he must ship....
It's the sort of deal where they are utterly clueless or just trying it on. It invites an uninsured someone to come in, drop them and either take the best stuff and leave everything else in a mess, or put a tree through their barn roof, or the neighbour's house, and then evaporate without a trace.

Who thinks this seller is not clueless, rather knows damned well the dangers, risks, and might have just had someone quote on the job and now is on a fishing expedition? If clueless, they would probably have tried to work out how many cubic meters of firewood (or better yet, lumber) there are in their wonderful trees, and multiplied that by what some dreamer has advertised such product for. Having done so, they thought they'd be charitable anyway (you know, give someone a break) and give their trees away to the eager beavers, provided charity recipients clean up all the mess, don't leave any track marks on the grass, repair the fence to well above its existing condition, and leave a nice pile of firewood for the home owner.

Or better yet, there has been a raging boundary dispute between neighbours for some time and that fence and trees actually belong to the other neighbour who will come home and start taking pot shots at the tree guy.

Big money in cedar? I had no idea...

10 lengths of 8 to 12 inch wide cedar great for benches stools or flowerbeds, call Joe asking 150 I will help load
00l0l_1SEUc0ux8YX_600x450.jpg

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mat/5137724109.html

Cant believe its still available.....

I need to charter me one of them big cargo helos and go get it!..err wait..no I don't...

I helped a family out during the opec embargo, that looks like what they heated with instead of fuel oil. They burned pallets and a cut up old shed I tore down for them. It worked. They used pawn shop skilsaws to cut the wood up (the teenage boys did). Luckily they had an old furnace they drug in and hooked up. Lot of folks went cold back then, and firewood became unobtanium except for fresh cut green. When you are trying to stay warm plus trying to keep the pipes from freezing, you'll do what it takes!

I need to charter me one of them big cargo helos and go get it!..err wait..no I don't...

I helped a family out during the opec embargo, that looks like what they heated with instead of fuel oil. They burned pallets and a cut up old shed I tore down for them. It worked. They used pawn shop skilsaws to cut the wood up (the teenage boys did). Luckily they had an old furnace they drug in and hooked up. Lot of folks went cold back then, and firewood became unobtanium except for fresh cut green. When you are trying to stay warm plus trying to keep the pipes from freezing, you'll do what it takes!
yeah theres something to be said for that, just gotta remember to pick out all the rusty nails after burning haha Different these days a little, what with one tree disease or another wiping out 1/4 of the trees in the US. Seems like a lot of this type of stuff up here. Lots of folks ignorant of the actual work that goes into producing firewood. Tree or junk wood laying on ground is not equal to firewood.

...Lots of folks ignorant of the actual work that goes into producing firewood. Tree or junk wood laying on ground is not equal to firewood.

https://rockford.craigslist.org/zip/5172495295.html

Yet another dead willow tree waiting for the hordes of willow fans to come running up to turn it into "free" firewood. I guess you can't blame people for trying to get someone to take care of it for them in exchange for the "free" wood...

Latest posts

Back