Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent $500 on mine a couple of years ago and grumble about it everytime I look at it. It's homebuilt and 20+ years old, but splits almost anything I put on it. Then I think about how much I've split with it and didn't risk a heart attack swinging the maul and I get over it. I have about 5 years of wood onhand right now and have even considered selling it and just buying another in a few years when I'll need to restock.

I spent $500 on mine a couple of years ago and grumble about it everytime I look at it. It's homebuilt and 20+ years old, but splits almost anything I put on it. Then I think about how much I've split with it and didn't risk a heart attack swinging the maul and I get over it. I have about 5 years of wood onhand right now and have even considered selling it and just buying another in a few years when I'll need to restock.
Don't sell and don't wait to split more just split less then normal don't let yourself get out of the wood splitting groove it sucks to get going again

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Don't sell and don't wait to split more just split less then normal don't let yourself get out of the wood splitting groove it sucks to get going again

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Highly unlikely I'll sell it without a plan to replace it. We don't burn much, doing so more for ambiance and as a back up plan for that ever-pending "storm-of-the-century". We go through 1-2 full cords a year and I have 6 onhand. I can always find room for more but I've passed on some incredibly good deals lately due to a recent health discovery. I'll be fine, but I need to be careful for awhile and won't gather anymore this year. Funny how just a little over a year ago I was down to less than 1/2 a cord after gathering very little for a couple of years and now I have wood curing for almost half a decade hence. All of it from one old really nice handicapped guy that posted a CL add that produced 3-1/2 cords of beautiful red oak last summer and another 3-1/2 cords this summer of more oak (1-1/2 cords of pin, red and white), elm (1 cord of American elm which is my favorite firewood to burn!) and a cord of a mix of junk (bass wood for starter and willow for the firepit). He hired a service to drop the trees and my son and I whittled 'em down to load into my truck to bring home to process.

Even though I've thought about selling the splitter, I probably won't. I think about selling a lot of things since my belief is that everything I own is for sale... for the right price! :dancing:

This is most of it, but you can't see everything in the one photo as it goes around the fence corner, out of the picture.

We all get a laugh out of the CL idiots, but some are definitely worth a reply. That's where I got my splitter and all this wood from!

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 124
http://lincoln.craigslist.org/zip/5197163551.html

00g0g_ewc3RxrfJd0_600x450.jpg

Large cottonwood tree if you have equipment such as a bucket and chainsaw drop it and you can have it and haul it off for free its a ton of wood and you can burn it or make a gazillion pallets no joke call of text.........

Bucket truck and saw is all you need? Wonder what house is this guys?

Tons of wood!!!!!!!

Not worth a response.

"Hi, Let me know if you would take 20$ cash for this ($60 item)."

(Well, maybe if I could deliver it too for that, and clean your bathroom while I am there?)

I think the part that annoys me more than the offensive, lowball offer, is the fact that people think that I would accept something other than 'cash' at the asking price?

Are they expecting to trade $60 in glass beads? Travelers checks? Stock options? A little surprised that they don't specify "American" money, instead of the pesos that I'm used to accepting. That would be worth it!

Philbert

Buyer (e-mail): "call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you still have the leaf blower" (no name).
Me (I call - no answer).
Buyer (10 minutes later - calls): "Hello"
Me: "Hello"
Buyer: "Who is this?"
Me: "You just called me"
Buyer: "Your number was on my caller ID"
Me: "Oh, did you contact me about something on CraigsList?"
Buyer: "Maybe. What are you selling?"
Me: "Was it maybe about a leaf blower?"
Buyer: "Which one are you selling?"
Me: "A Ryobi"
Buyer: "Can you send me a picture of it?"
Me: "Um, it's in the ad, with all of the details about it . . . "

This is one that I think I will meet at Caribou if he sets up an appointment . . .

Philbert

Buyer (e-mail): "call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you still have the leaf blower" (no name).
Me (I call - no answer).
Buyer (10 minutes later - calls): "Hello"
Me: "Hello"
Buyer: "Who is this?"
Me: "You just called me"
Buyer: "Your number was on my caller ID"
Me: "Oh, did you contact me about something on CraigsList?"
Buyer: "Maybe. What are you selling?"
Me: "Was it maybe about a leaf blower?"
Buyer: "Which one are you selling?"
Me: "A Ryobi"
Buyer: "Can you send me a picture of it?"
Me: "Um, it's in the ad, with all of the details about it . . . "

This is one that I think I will meet at Caribou if he sets up an appointment . . .

Philbert

Have had the exact same thing to a TEE. Not sure what they are smoking.

x prohibited[?]

Posted: about 21 hours ago

◀ prev next ▶
print
FREE Firewood (Rogers)
00l0l_cWXM1K8KMZo_600x450.jpg

6415.png
6415.png
6416.png
6416.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

safety tips

Free to anyone who can come pick it up. We took down a fence and just don't have the time to sit and burn it all. Please come and get it. The fence pieces cannot be fixed. It is 30+ years old. This is strictly firewood.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5212700213

posted: about 21 hours ago

updated: about 20 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Back