Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wasn't on craigslist bit it was funny. My dumby neibor blew all of his leaves into a pile on his front lawn and put a free sign on Them. I almost fellover laughing when I saw it.

This wasn't on craigslist bit it was funny. My dumby neibor blew all of his leaves into a pile on his front lawn and put a free sign on Them. I almost fellover laughing when I saw it.

Worked for me.

Several years ago I had an 80 foot (?) spruce taken out of my back yard. City lot with lots of wires, fences, and buildings, so I had a professional take the tree and grind the stump. My son and I raked up the chips from the stump grinder (couple of cubic yards total?) and piled them up in the alley with a 'free sign'.

Within about 10 days they were gone. Even loaned a wheelbarrow to one neighbor so he could cart some over to his house.

We have moved quite a bit of dirt around the neighborhood through the years, as one neighbor or another takes on various projects.

Philbert

I would take them. I wish more people would do the same instead of burning them or hauling them to the landfill. I use them to cover my carrots and prevent them from freezing. The best way to store carrots through the winter is to leave them in the ground. I cover the leaves with a tarp. The rest of the leaves get tilled into the garden and make great organic material. I have yet to get enough leaves to feel like I have enough leaves.

I also would have taken Phibert's chips.

Every summer I post a sign in our small post office wanting any ones extra garden produce, large zucchini and stuff like that. In the late summer, early fall I add corn stocks, bean and pea vines, tomato vines, etc. to the sign. I have cut my feed bill for the livestock by quite a bit by doing this. Anything that even the goats and chickens won't eat ends up in the compost pile. It all eventually ends up in the compost pile, some of it just takes a different route to get there.

Would like to "clean out the woods" of dead and downed trees. You cut and load. $50.00 a pickup load (normal size pickup).

$50 isn't that bad for a pickup load. Wonder what her reaction would be if you asked to be paid up front :D

I guess it never hurts to troll...... 200t, 361, 441,044, 066, 088 any old thing you have laying around cheap.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/wan/1435741434.html

I want to buy a stihl chainsaw and cant afford new. Can ne1 help me? (minneapolis downtown)

Looking to buy a nice stihl chainsaw to help my dad cut firewood with. We have been looking at 2 models. Smaller one like a 192t or ms200t. These are perfect for clearing our 4wheeler trails through the woods. They fit right on the rack. But they are expensive. So if you have a similar model or even an older 009l or 011av or anything like that we would be interested in that too.
We also need a mid sized saw for general cutting. Something with an 18" or 20" or 22" bar on it. Like a ms361 or ms441 or 044 or 044mag. My dad wants an ms290 farm boss or even possibly an older 029 farm boss. Again.. these saws are expensive and we are looking for a decent comparable saw at a nice price.

There is a possiblity of us looking into purchasing a larger saw as well. We have a farm up north with some huge old oaks that need to come down. So we would need an 066 or an ms660 mag or an 066 mag. I think an 088 or ms880 mag would maby be a bit big but if the price was right we would consider that too.

My dad is a stubborn old timer and will only buy Stihl saws. He says, "the rest are all junk" We are limited on funds but would love it if anyone had a deal for us. Then the old man will stay warm this winter as he burns wood for heat.

Thank you. Just email in response to this ad or email clubleveldesigns@xxxxxx

Last edited:
Just sad.People used to be too proud to beg.A lot of us have an 066 lying around, unused. I say let the old fart die for raising such a POS son.

Oh, and even "farms up North" in MN are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.I know, because I couldn't afford one when I lived there.

Oh, and even "farms up North" in MN are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.I know, because I couldn't afford one when I lived there

Oh, the farm doesn't bother me.

It's that they're begging for a cheap saw for their ATV trails.

This guy has a history on Craigs.There was a posting this Summer from a guy who was thinking of selling his Stihl, so he met our boy.The offer was ridiculously low, so he told him 'no thanks'.That's when our boy threatened him.I'll bet I can find an ebay handle for him.

What a scumbag!!! People like him really chap my hide....hopefully, he get's his karma right back on him times 3........poor little grandpa needs a cheap saw......what a jerk!!!

Maybe we should start calling him and send him on some wild goose chases to give out estimates to non-existent customers...........

NP

LOL...wow Coog, nice follow-up :)

I was figguring him to be a teenager immature even for his age whose dad wouldn't buy him saws, but who liked to read catalogs and sites like this to know different model numbers to ask for!

Too funny.Guy replied to my e-mail, so I Googled his name:

http://www.listown.com/writing-editing-translation/mp/200909/115987.htm

Does any of this square with the nice little Grandpa story?

They pulled his posting from CL. I was going to post a reply and link the above link with his posting and show people what a real :censored: Azz this guy is.

We have a guy in our area posting that he is buying hay for $2.00 per bale and on another posting he is selling the same hay for $4.00 in another posting. Takes all kinds..

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/grd/1438067027.html

Good job in finding him hope he finds a real good saw....

He sent me an email asking if I were the "King of Craigslist".So I sent him his own website link. Here is his response:

Hey person who apparently has nothing to do and no name (coog). I have lost my taste for you. I can only assume the link you sent me is for some illicit web site since my browser wont allow it to open. I'm not into ####o crazy people. I'm using craigslist to advertise and purchase things I want and use for personal reasons and nothing more. You need help. I know you dont understand that, but you really need to stop prying into peoples lifes. I'm sorry that you are mad at the world and have apparently decided to make me todays target. Can you sit and think about a way that you can be productive? Try it. I am not a psychiatrist so I cannot help you. Nobody on craigslist needs some weirdo to email them profanity and #### pages. I don't know why you can't help yourself. I don't have the answers. I don't know you. I don't want to hear from you any more.

I'm saving all these emails on my laptop and reporting all of this to my local authorities and they can handle it from here.

We are done now. Find help elswhere.

Who will help me?

Latest posts

Back