Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Ely is either high, an internet mall ninja, or just an outright liar. No-one takes that kind of work on for nothing. Maybe he needs to get a job and pay somebody for thier time... Just another want it for nothing goof... Keep the thread going, this is pretty good entertainment everytime I log on!

Ely is no liar

We have business here that rely on trees for profit. I am not a HE and I am not in the business. my front trees that are small I pay for removal. This tree service that came in came to us.....they have a reputation for taking large amounts out at once. What they do to turn the profit, i have no idea. So point fingers all you want. I have three replies on Craigslist right now asking if i still want trees removed. The large hardwoods in my area are saught after. So come down off your high horse. I know whether I paid someone or not. Keep asking for tree removal people! Someone out there will do it for HALF or nothing if you offer the right trees in the right area. If you DO pay for removal, dont deal with jackasses who are more proud of their work than they are worth. Get referrences and deal with professionals that are insured and bonded.

Must have hit a nerve with you huh? So what you are saying is that not only are you full of it, your not capable of doing the work. Now the truth comes out. Actually I am not in the tree trimming, firewood business. I heat my home firewood. Unless you are in a vacuum where hardwood trees only grow once per acre you are full of it. You already admitted that you pay to have them removed. If they are in the middle of nowhere any monkey can drop them. If they are next to your home/powerlines/outbuilding etc, well, good luck with your "free" guys. It takes someone with intelligence to know when free is not a good thing and when a professional is well worth it. So I ask you, get off the computer cause your dad is gonna be mad when he sees you using his account:greenchainsaw: I love some of the stuff you see on this thread:cheers:

Last edited:
We have business here that rely on trees for profit. I am not a HE and I am not in the business. my front trees that are small I pay for removal. This tree service that came in came to us.....they have a reputation for taking large amounts out at once. What they do to turn the profit, i have no idea. So point fingers all you want. I have three replies on Craigslist right now asking if i still want trees removed. The large hardwoods in my area are saught after. So come down off your high horse. I know whether I paid someone or not. Keep asking for tree removal people! Someone out there will do it for HALF or nothing if you offer the right trees in the right area. If you DO pay for removal, dont deal with jackasses who are more proud of their work than they are worth. Get referrences and deal with professionals that are insured and bonded.

:monkey:

:notrolls2:

Must have hit a nerve with you huh? So what you are saying is that not only are you full of it, your not capable of doing the work. Now the truth comes out. Actually I am not in the tree trimming, firewood business. I heat my home firewood. Unless you are in a vacuum where hardwood trees only grow once per acre you are full of it. You already admitted that you pay to have them removed. If they are in the middle of nowhere any monkey can drop them. If they are next to your home/powerlines/outbuilding etc, well, good luck with your "free" guys. It takes someone with intelligence to know when free is not a good thing and when a professional is well worth it. So I ask you, get off the computer cause your dad is gonna be mad when he sees you using his account:greenchainsaw: I love some of the stuff you see on this thread:cheers:

Wow...look whose nerves got struck!
Is there truly only one way that the world works? Your way?
Are so so angry because you posted one of those free wood for free removal ads and they damaged something? What gives?
I have perpetuated the myth that nobody responds to free wood for free removal, by doing just that...responding. No I didn't go for that huge Locust 8 feet from the house, but I did go for the rest. But I ended up with near 5 cords for trading my spare time. Another time 2 cords Oak, etc. My spare time doesn't cost me anything so I don't factor in time into the cost equation of acquiring free wood, same with most wood scavangers looking to heat their home for free, of which there are vastly more of than tree services looking for profit.

No nerves hit here. I just enjoy reading other peoples stupidity. Think what you want. I post for my sheer entertainment and ocasionally meet some great people. You don't want to be one of those people...so be it. :buttkick:

Last edited:

It works because people are desperate for heat, hungry and have an outlet for the wood or like some here that do respond they have the equipment, know what they are doing and enjoy doing it in their spare time to feed their wood burner.

The funny part is what some of the people posting on craigslist think their junk is worth. Or what they expect from people, to rid them of their eyesore.

The very first post says it all.

As some of you know, I had a great score on C.L a couple of weeks ago (see Craiglist Locust).So, with high hopes, I answered another "Free Firewood" ad a few days ago by providing my name, address and # to the e-mail account.I got a call yesterday from the woman who told me that she had two trees down, and if I did "a little work" I could have the wood.I didn't hang up until she had mentioned 'new roof', 'replace rotted fascia and soffit' and, I think, 'paint'.After all, she said, she was "just a woman" and couldn't do these things! I just want to know whose ex-wife this was...

The last line was the funniest, just because !

On a personal note:
What was she expecting ? that some "dumb with d##k" is going to come over, clean up her yard, fix her house and put on a new roof for a few loads of firewood and a quick smile ? Probably ! This BTW makes it all the funnier !

Some guy MIGHT do all that , but I"M NOT ! ( well ... maybe if she was a looker and I moved in 'til the jobs were done ...)

[pause for affect before I LMAO]

Still NO ! I'll take the free wood but I'm not touching anything else.

Last edited:
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/zip/1129745341.html

better get there quick.

Free wood.... The only thing left from the take down of a tree are a few limbs and small branches. Its yours if you want it!!! Please don't email back just call. We are outside all day working. The wood is perfect for a campfire or outdoor fire pit. Please call 856-534-9553. We want it out of here as soon as possible... THANKS!!!

Sounds like you are getting feisty ,Ks...you got a problem with trolls?

LOL - Trolls ? I was thinking of the little pile of sticks.

But that carving isnt exactly something I would put on display.

For $1000 I might consider buying some 1/4" chain and a carving bar, for $500 I might still.

There is a 24" B. Walnut a couple doors down thats going to come out before long. I was looking at it, thinking lumber not trolls, bears or eagles. It is 4 feet from his house and leans the wrong way. I could take it out for him, but won't. He owns a couple of saws, just no files or sharp spare chains so its fun to watch him work at it.

He owns a couple of saws, just no files or sharp spare chains so its fun to watch him work at it.

The problem with that scenario is that you get to hear an angry saw for 3 hours instead of 25 minutes. My neighbor asked me for help with his little Mac.It ran fine, he said, but it took forever to cut through a piece of wood.I guess that with all of the warnings pasted on that saw they forgot to add the one that told you which direction the chain was meant to move!

I watched a guy a few years back take 45 minutes to cut down an 8 inch birch. I'm pretty sure he burnt his way through most of it and his chain was so loose I thought it was gonna come off and wrap around his leg :dizzy: :monkey: Some people just have no clue how a saw is supposed to cut so they just assume thats how long they take :(

Serious inquires only

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/zip/1141994414.html

SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY-You need to be licsensed & INSURED to cover workmans comp if you hurt yourself-dont bother contacting if you are not-I will ask for proof & check it out also. I have 2 dead Pin Oak Trees on my back lot. These trees sit on my lot line & right next to and over my home. The one pin oak sitting on the lot line and next too my neighbor has been dead for 3-4 years, and has had large pieces falling from it. The one next to and over my house-was green on the top last year. Here's the other thing, you can NOT drive or bring ANY motorized equitment into my yard-as my precious 40 + year old septic sits in the way-no if ands or butts-no compromises. The person who does this job, needs to bring all the proper equiptment and needs to clean up and be gone in a day. All serious inquires will be thoroughly investigated. This wood will make someone good cash-or years worth firewood. I reserve the right to refuse all inquires, if I choose.
Have a great day. You can e-mail [email protected] with any questions-I will get back to you as soon as I can

Latest posts

Back