Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. 10' circumference means roughly a 3' diameter. That makes it a very nice, but not remarkable oak.

Probably a couple of cords in there. Around here, that makes it worth about $250-$400, if cut, split, and delivered as seasoned firewood.

That means its value standing is about ZERO.

Less than ZERO. I get PAID to cut trees down. lol

these bozos are only looking for one person to accept this nonsense.

although, at best, for 2 bills, some weekend arborist (getting paid 2 bills) will slice and dice the tree along with cleaning up the prerequisite brush.

lilly ass people just dont get that you earn the firewood ,its the labor thats the value not so much the tree ...hows that old saying go?: unless its cut split loaded and stacked ....its just debris waiting to go to the landfill

Im amazed at how much ppl thing there standing or fallen wood is worth.....esp whe noil hit 5.00 a gallon last summer. I stack my wood where i work on the concrete pad from a building that was demo'd.Once its there,our customers ask to "take" a truckload at a time for free.....I dont know where ppl get the kahunas to ask to take my time and labor.I tell them theres 150 acres of land here,you can have whatevers dead or on the ground(and theres enough downed locust and cherry to heat a village there).They dont want to do the work,but want the wood for free....once its cut,and bucked/split.

Chuck Needs A Little Reality Check......

Chuck's ONLY looking for KNOWLEDGEABLE tree fallers to take down his pine tress, of course he wants you to do it for free............oh, and you have to be sure and clean up ALL the branches lol...........Oh, and it looks like he's a doctor--I wonder how many patients he sees for free???? LOL

attachment.php

Last edited:
Chuck's ONLY looking for KNOWLEDGEABLE tree fallers to take down his pine tress, of course he wants you to do it for free............oh, and you have to be sure and clean up ALL the branches lol...........Oh, and it looks like he's a doctor--I wonder how many patients he sees for free???? LOL

attachment.php

Fence row tree on top of that. Probably full of barb wire. lol

The nerve..

We are not all idiots.

free firewood WALNUT (ottumwa)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-22, 7:58PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have cut down an annoying walnut tree,i have several logs and branches left,I am giving to any body who wants it,I would prefer somebody that needs it for heating,the only catch is,you have to,now WAIT,read this REAL good,you are going to come to my house,cut and load into your pickup or whatever,I WILL NOT help load,cut or anything,I know it sounds bad on my part,but if you wanta stay warm for awhile you are going to work for it.The is as god as it gets,please take as much as you need,I have another tree standing,but is too close to house for my comfort right now.All I ask is that you come before snow flies.Call me at 641-777-2315 and bring a saw,truck and some help.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1433581085

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Only hire the best

downed tree removal....cheap (dsm area)

Date: 2009-10-23, 1:39AM CDT

give me a call if you have a downed tree tha needs removed...i will come look, quote you a very fair price and haul away everything........dont have insurance to do standing trees....dont do any work near power lines, houses cars ect.....just being safe.....call s&k services........steve.....kathi

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

This clown wants you to pay him to come clean up his mess. Flag

Free Firewood for Sale? (you cut and haul) - $30 (Jackson County, IL)

Date: 2009-10-24, 3:46PM CDT

Am able to negotiate a deal by ton if accomplished on a week day.
559-9313 or [email protected]

275 acres of timberland containing many trees downed by the 5/2008 storm. This would make a good weekend outing for a family interested in making some money or picking up a winter's fireplace logs. Overnight camping possible.
Oak, Hickory, Walnut, Pine, Locust, Cherry
There is easy access to most timber or I can make it that way in a hurry. Some trees needing clearing first are blocking skid roads making this an easier job.
Max assistance possible goes with in terms of getting close to downed trees. It would be good to have a 100-150 ft capability winch in some cases.

$30 per compact pickup truck load.
$50 per standard pickup. A little more if your truck has stake sides.
Will haggle over trailer load price based on comparisons to the above pickup quantities (before cutting)
Free: Might trade firewood cutting/dumping for cash. Convenient dump. 60/40 barter. 60 for you, 40 for me and dumped conveniently.

Cash only. 50% down going in and 50% up going out. For each trip in there will be a written trespass permit for that day.

Tree tops will be cut off down to no less than 18 dia and the remaining log offered as lumber unless it’s blocking a roadway.
You may bid on any of these logs for lumber. Any unsold logs may be offered for sale as firewood in 2010.
Willing to cut roads to individual trees if the ground is hard enough to run a truck or tractor and trailer across.
Trees will be assigned and labeled in the woods and you'll have all the time you'll need to get your tree top(s) sawed up and removed (30 days). Bring your splitter and save.

This large acreage is sorta like a pine tree farm before Christmas at this point.

This clown wants you to pay him to come clean up his mess. Flag

I was going to reply whats wrong with that...then I realized it should be us charging him to clean up his mess. LOL I guess He doesn't want to see other people make money from his stuff.

I would find it incredible that someone would pay to cut firewood . lots of people are just happy if you offer to clean out the woods for them

What a deal...maximum amount of labor for minimum amount of good wood (since you can only cut the tops and not the log)...and for only about $120/cord!

Just to add to the degree of knuckleheadedness, he's inviting families on his property to cut and camp for a fee -- a property that sounds like it's full of storm damaged trees. Probably the most dangerous cutting, plus likely full of snags.

Maybe he needs the $30-50 a pickup load in order to cover the liability insurance for that move :D

$$$$$

Gueez.. I wish someone would pay me to take it down and haul it away.. my downed tree isnt the problem.. it's the fork of the tree that got left.. it has to come down and given the height and that it has to come down in pieces... I am estimating $$$$ for it to be brought down. Guy is coming tomorrow.

On the plus side, the poster sounds like he's willing to help, and maybe provide equipment. If he's out there with a tractor skidding logs and pulling down snags, I don't see a problem with his price, considering the area and the general scarcity of public land to cut on down there.

Feel free to light me up if you don't agree, I have thick skin!

BTW, I have helped a few people in the woods with my tractor, and I have no problem getting $40/hr for seat time on the tractor.

Except that picture is from the 70s and that car has probably rusted away long ago. lol

Anybody else see a problem working almost underneath a running El Camino that is jacked up and filled with 1/2 a face cord of firewood?

Even if you don't get gored like a chariot from a Charlton Heston movie . . .

Philbert

Anybody else see a problem working almost underneath a running El Camino that is jacked up and filled with 1/2 a face cord of firewood?

Even if you don't get gored like a chariot from a Charlton Heston movie . . .

Philbert

I was thinking the same,thing.Also the last thing ID want to do after all the work is unbolt that adapter an put the wheel back on,and mess with the jack,and jack stands.

Back