Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut Your Own Firewood! - 12 Acres of Trees - FREE (Van Alstyne)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-11-17, 9:28AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have 12 acres heavily treed. { Several varieties of Oak, Cedar, Maple, Mesquite, etc}. If you are looking for firewood you are welcome to come out and cut trees - please bring your own tools.

We only ask that:
*you work in the area you are assigned and do not move to another area without clearing your area first.

*you only cut the marked trees If you see a tree you would like that has not been flagged - just ask...we live on-site and are happy to accommodate if we can.

*you cut level to the ground when possible

*you drag any remaining brush to a designated burn pile

*25% of each tree that you cut up is stacked (as you go) and left for us

There are smaller trees that would not need to be split and then also larger ones that do. You are welcome to split onsite.

We also have some big big trees that have fallen -(and some ready to fall) if you want to tackle those (This is good seasoned wood!). This helps us by clearing some land and helps others by providing free firewood.
Send us an email or give us a call (903-482-6237) and we will coordinate a time. :)

Thanks much!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1469852118
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/zip/1469852118.html

Last edited:
The Texas one above doesn't sound like too bad of a deal, as long as the brush pile isn't some long distance away.

I'm trying to figure out what this guy is selling for $100:

FireWood This weekend only - $100 (Eastern Ct)

Hello I have seasoned Fire wood cut to 16/18 inch lenghts. Split. I also have Green in Log Lenghts,Chunks " Great for out door stoves and people who split there own." and Split delivered.If you have any wood needs please email me.I also do Tree Work,Plow,Lawns and ,most carpentry. I do light delivery off Loam,Stones,Sand ect. I also have cords for 190.00 seasoned this weekend only.If you have any pricing questions please ask.

Is it a cord? Not a cord? Green? Seasoned? Split or log length?

Free firewood in Peterborough, NH

http://nh.craigslist.org/zip/1467598767.html

Free Old Wood no paint or stain (Peterboro)

Date: 2009-11-15, 7:25PM EST

Three old buildings down lots of wood still left,,,free with two hard wood trees for firewood.....to the right person bring a big truck...and take it for free..

3o13p23lc5Oc5T15S99bfa0bd184048a01775.jpg
3k83mf3p95Q85T25Sa9bfab2736aadb991291.jpg

http://nh.craigslist.org/zip/1455443472.html

Free firewood in Weare (Weare Nh)
Date: 2009-11-07, 10:53AM EST

Someone put a post for Free firewood using my husbands name and number. It is not a real post, and we did not post it!

Someone put a post for Free firewood using my husbands name and number. It is not a real post, and we did not post it!

ROFLMAO...imagining a neighbor whose annoyed at the "woodboogas" living next door.

If you really wanted to be evil, you would've just posted free wood + an address.

literally right up the street from me - and it's basically garbage.

But, knowing where it is, somebody might throw $20 their way.

Another craigslist crack smoker:

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/grd/1477206989.html

OAK TREE (Denham Springs, LA)

Date: 2009-11-22, 8:00AM CST

Selling a 50 - 60 foot oak tree that could be worth thousands for fire wood. Estimate a buyer could possibly get 15 to 20 cord of wood from tree. A cord of wood at this time is going for $200 and up at this time.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1477206989

Another craigslist crack smoker:

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/grd/1477206989.html

OAK TREE (Denham Springs, LA)

Date: 2009-11-22, 8:00AM CST

Selling a 50 - 60 foot oak tree that could be worth thousands for fire wood. Estimate a buyer could possibly get 15 to 20 cord of wood from tree. A cord of wood at this time is going for $200 and up at this time.

PostingID: 1477206989

HUH??????? 15-20 cords from 1 tree? :dizzy:

He must meen that the tree has a 50' radious..............lol

Firewood cut to size - $50 (Preston)

fire wood you pick it up 50 dollars a truck load 16inch long all oak

That one made me chuckle...

I guess if Henry Ford can say he'd paint a car any color you like as long as it's black...you can cut firewood to size as long as that size is 16" :D

We have a tree trunk... see photo (no branches or shrubry)... Approx 11ft tall. We are not sure what kind of tree it was. Easy access....back right up to it.
Nice clean Firewood at least several cords worth. You cut it down and haul it away.
What do you have to offer....send an email with your offer. $200 Cash or $250 Trade Value

We need ... a 13 x 15 piece of nuteral colored carpeting, or a 10 x 15 piece of low pile brown carpeting or 180 ft of baseboard trim, or a riding lawn mower (must be in good running condition), or snow blower (must be in good running condition), or ??????
If interested email us.

PostingID: 1478133679

----------------------------------------------------------------Again.......I never knew there was SO much wood in a trunk like that.......
Dave

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms

Here's the email I sent them:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bar/1478133679.html

"Nice clean Firewood at least several cords worth."

Uh, try less than 3/4 cord, if we're REALLY generous. If that thing is 3 feet in diameter, the volume is about 77 cubic feet. (volume of a cylinder is pi*r^2 x height) A cord is 128 cubic feet, so that's 77/128 = .6. Add a skosh for the air space when split, and you've got about 3/4 cord. Again, that's IF that thing is 3 feet in diameter all the way up.

Then there's the cutting and splitting and hauling. Wood sellers have a hard time making any money when they get the wood for FREE.

Not worth anybody's time to come pick it up, much less pay for it.

Of course, that thing is NOT 3 feet in diameter, and they probably know that.

:monkey:

Reminds me of the fable of the ant and the grasshopper:

PLEASE HELP, we are in EMERGENCY NEED OF FREE FIRE WOOD FOR WOOD STOVE. Our family only heats by wood stove, and we are out of wood. My son is coming in from out of state for Thanksgiving with a chain saw and a small truck, in hopes of finding WOOD. I have my two adult son's and my husband who will be able to cut and haul away wood, PLEASE, must be free only! My family would be able to cut, collect, and haul away wood on NOVEMBER 27 and 28 ONLY, then the chainsaw, truck and help will be gone. PLEASE if you know where dead trees that need hauled away are, PLEASE CONTACT US. ************************* Thank you so much, and have a blessed Holiday.

And I felt like I was being last minute cutting dead standing in September for this year.

Back