Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much wood in a core?

According to wiki http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_big_is_a_core_of_wood
How big is a core of wood?
3 feet high by 4 feet wide

http://dayton.craigslist.org/grd/1536372719.html
SEASONED FIREWOOD FORSALE, DELIVERED, CORE $120 HALF CORE $60

CALL JOHN @ 937-426-1658 Cell @ 937-610-6781 GET WARM TODAY

Over 200 cores left to be delivered.

No Worms or Bugs !!!!!

SEASONED : 9 Months to 2 years ... $25= STACK 1/2 CORE.... $45=STACK WHOLE CORE..... $0= THROW IN PILE

:confused: :monkey:

Here's a nice one, You can have the part of the tree on their property that's next to the power lines. the pictures are great! At least at the end they realized it may cost them.....

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/zip/1536326188.html

Free Wood(you cut)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-01-04, 5:34AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a tree in my backyard not sure what kind it is but if you know what your doing (power lines) feel free to cut the overhang(the overhang would be per your viewing the power pole in the background all to the right of that) and keep the wood, my opinion is the wood is perfect for a wood burner or fireplace, I am on Bay City's east side and a picture below shows the tree. Thanks this would be appreciated!! 989-233-7916

This is not to cut the whole tree down as the base of the tree is in my neighbors yard. I had the city cut some overhang that was by the wires earlier in the fall but that is not enough. If you could cut some overhanging branches for us and are experienced being the wires as seen in picture..I wouldn't mind even paying if this isn't worth the time to come and cut for you..just looking for a reasonable deal.

am I missing something?

I get the 'I want tree work for free and you get the valuable wood and brush'.

I get that he has an inkling there won't be a flood of tree guys working hot lines for free, thus may have to pay some, maybe $25 he might be thinking.

What I don't get is 'I want you to cut my neighbors tree, who may or may not be aware of this ad, and who is responsible to the power line company, and who owns the rights to said tree, and the land under it.....'

k

Craigs list really seems to be a wierdo magnet, I was on there last night for the first time and all the people seemed strangely desperate to sell junk at inflated prices. Don't think I'll be poking around there anymore.

Craigs list really seems to be a wierdo magnet, I was on there last night for the first time and all the people seemed strangely desperate to sell junk at inflated prices. Don't think I'll be poking around there anymore.

You need to look for the pearls buried in the scat, but they are there.Cash has a strong, deflationary effect on 98% of these sellers.Plus, I find it immediate, often hilarious, study of the foibles of our fellow man.

My sign says NO LOANERS

I once loaned a chainsaw to my neighbor. ( I think he used it to cut cement).:dizzy: I still have it.... It,s mounted above my shop doors outside. When someone ask me to borrow a saw I tell them Yep.... You can use the one up there above the doors outside.... It,s only been there about 17 years.... Case Closed. :greenchainsaw:

WILL TRADE WIFE (Wichita)
Date: 2010-01-07, 2:31AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'd be willing to trade my cheating wife for about anything... tools, gift certificate, a black and white television, am/fm radio, a pool cue, a maxed out credit card, maybe a good dog, or a good dvd, how bout a plastic crown, so I can feel like I'm king of my castle for once. If you have some peace and quiet you're not using, or a universal remote? I love to fish, maybe an old reel or some line, preferably 8lb test, imported beer is what I drink while I'm waiting to get a bite, a 6 pack will do fine. I could use a good zippo, a martini shaker, coasters, really anything of any value. These are just ideas, if you can think of something else shoot an email my way. If you find yourself interested, I can send pics...... of the food she doesn't cook, or the clothes she doesn't clean, or the bed she doesn't sleep in.

What was he thinking ?

Ok , this wasn't in craigslist. The amusement I got when I found this while looking up the local restriction for studded tires in my state just had to be shared.

The link seems persistant but I don't recall him following up with the results.

If the tire did not disintegrate the bolts would wear out rather quick and bend over if he does not shorten them.
Ken

Ok , this wasn't in craigslist. The amusement I got when I found this while looking up the local restriction for studded tires in my state just had to be shared.

The link seems persistant but I don't recall him following up with the results.

I've seen this on motorcycles;ice racing is a blast.
By the way, what are the Kansas regulations regarding studs? I remember pulling them out of my dad's snow tires when MN outlawed them.

screws are one thing, bolts are another. To get the bolts in he drilled holes in his tires. How many of the cords did he cut , weakening the tire. Like I said he never returned to the thread to say how well he did in the race.

Coog, Studded tires are legal here between November 1st and April 15th. That is taken from the Ks HighwayPatrol FAQ . . Chains are only legal when the conditiones warrant them from slipping or skidding on the ice or snow.

Latest posts

Back