Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an email from my last Craigslist person after I told him that I would be there tomorrow to take down a medium sized red oak in his backyard.

"yes, that's fine. while you're here, if u wouldn't mind cutting down some dogwoods & some off my magnolia & mulberry trees in the back that u can easily reach from the ground, i'd like u to do that, too. u can have any & all of the wood that u cut from those, too.
i also have some limbs hanging over my house from some kinda tree,i need you to climb up there and trim them back.my neighbor wants her litle trees trimmed in her yard next door, i told her that u wood do it for me.or i'll borrow your utility chainsaw & cut it up myself if u can just get it on the ground for me. thanks!
and my freind says that u can grind the stumps down to the ground with your chainsaw,just use a old chain and wash your saw with a garden hose real good to get the dirt out.is that okay?"

I am thinking that maybe this job is going to be a hassle, full of "whileuratits"
Wash my saw?I think not!Loan you my saw?I think not!

Was this a job?or just some side thing for some wood?

Might want to think about doing the windows while your out there and as long as your up in the tree by the house, check the gutters.

Deal or No Deal...?

ms180.jpg

not saw related, just struck me as interesting: I don't think the poster was an English major in college........

http://rmn.craigslist.org/mcy/1554220166.html

a barn find 1976 1000 xlch sportster 15200 miles ,runs great rides great..bought fer wintar chopper project but she jus too stock to fug up ,,ain many left like this..on the history side (doesnt mean **** any mo) but its the very last of the right side shift with left side factory conversion...in 75 law mandated all vehicles brake wid right foot,,so hd made a linkage to convert them in 75 n in 76 they changed the case to like they r taday (left shift) but as hd is was the planned 5000 xlch made,,but found 238 richt hand cases left ova,,so yeup this is one of the 238 made in 76 wid right side shift cases factory converted left,,real easy ta suiside shift em etc thats why nawt any left any mo..heres a pic ..shes nawt all polished up yet ..as said winter project..evo thin werks as should ,,decide restore rathar then chop,,meaning boring polish n ****..so ifn innerested lemee know ...
sarry pix r dark has dings n chips but solid ,,last ironhead we rode it 51 k n ony change oil n adjuster push rods now n then..these r great ol bikes ...

I'm gonna call and see if he'll throw in the webbed lawn chair

there was a want ad awile back said " give me $200 and you can clear my house lot" Sounds like a great deal huh?

For sale is a Very nice hyd operated wood spliter. Very large powerfull ram. Adjustable back stop to accept longer logs for outdoor boilers. Also have stands for it so it can be free standing. Also has 3 pt mount on one end for transport or split right off the 3 point. Never had a block I couldnt split. Ready to go. Custom split wood for extra cash or rent it out for $$$$ . Large spliter for small baby spliter price

Philbert

Last edited:

For sale is a Very nice hyd operated wood spliter. Very large powerfull ram. Adjustable back stop to accept longer logs for outdoor boilers. Also have stands for it so it can be free standing. Also has 3 pt mount on one end for transport or split right off the 3 point. Never had a block I couldnt split. Ready to go. Custom split wood for extra cash or rent it out for $$$$ . Large spliter for small baby spliter price

Philbert

now thats funney right there who in there right mind will pay that for something that looks like it been threw he11 and back it looks like it hasn't been used in a long time too but hey it might be a good investment for someone thats needs something to do during the winter for summer useing

maybe he meant $95 or $9.50 ...

yea he had one of them typos or something where he put the wrong price on there :laugh:

yea it's in some good cushioning material. but if someone does buy it they would have to replace everything before they use it. and the way it looks it don't have a engine and looks like its been setting a long time and not used.

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/for/1570000238.html

WOOD BURNING FURNACE - $900 (ELKHART LAKE)
Date: 2010-01-25, 1:39PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Wood burning furnace Brand name HOTBLAST: model 1400. Very good condition, used only a few years.
no metal air ducts or chimney with it.
Has manual

phone 920 876-3724.

What a deal! Or you could spend $200 more and get one brand new :confused:

well, you know they figure they only need one guy around Elkhart that don't know too much 'bout these things.

as read with rural Wi accent, or as I say "row faster, I hear banjos!"

Back