Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
concrete

Any body need a slab? Please dont mess up his yard XD. :dizzy:

http://dayton.craigslist.org/zip/1701826407.html
6 ft by 13 ft slab (Belmont)

Date: 2010-04-20, 5:13PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have 6 ft by 13 ft slab in by backyard. There is a crack in the middle of it. It's yours for free. You must remove it yourself - without additional damaging to my yard.

I would like to remove it so I can build a garden ASAP.

Thanks!
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1701826407

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Double-unbelievable!

This thread reminds me of my neighbor who last winter called me in january and told me (not asked - told me) that they were going to have to take some of my wood because they ran out. ..... They made out just as poorly as when they came over to tell me that i had to clean out my barn so that they could use it for their horses ... Or the time that they told me that i had to go and shoot a skunk that they had trapped under their trailer ... Or the time they told me that i had to take the machines that i rented and do their driveway and dig them a ditch ... Or ... :confused: ... Ok, now i'm just depressing myself. :dizzy:

wow!!!!

I love Craig's and use it ALL the time, but I have noticed a disturbing trend: It has made begging acceptable.Every day there will be ads asking for valuable items for free.On our list right now there are ads such as WANTED FREE FIREWOOD, OAK,HEDGE OR HICKORY ONLY, or WILL TAKE ANY UNWANTED DRY FIREWOOD,or I AM GOING TO BE NEEDING SOME FIREWOOD SOON this listed along with maybe a dozen FIREWOOD FOR SALE ads.My current favorite IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE SOME FIREWOOD SO I CAN BE WARM THIS WINTER...well duh, why do you think a bunch of us spend so much time gathering the stuff? This phenomenom extends to woodstoves as well: WANTED FREE OR VERY,VERY CHEEP(sic)WOODSTOVE:NO CRACKS! I have never gotten free firewood in my life.At best, I have bartered my labor and skills for someones unwanted trees.
My last ad on C.L. said, Free firewood wanted.
I need firewood to heat my home. I can saw and haul if the tree is down. If you have any trees you need taken down and they are not to close to any property that can be damaged,ill take them down for you. Sorry,i cant haul away any brush. THANK YOU!
You have a good point. The word free doesn't fit here but i don't know any other way to put it"

Wow! A new tree species! Elm pine! :dizzy:

FREE 70' ELM/PINE TREE! COME DIG IT OUT AND HAUL AWAY WITHOUT DAMAGING THE NEIGHBORS HOMES AND ITS YOURS...WOULD PREFER AN EXPERIENCED WOODSMAN TO CUT IT DOWN OR SOMEONE WHO CUTS TREES DOWN AND CHOPPS FOR WOOD TO SELL. PLEASE EMAIL WITH DETAILS ON HOW YOU WOULD DO IT AND WHAT EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE IN CUTTING TREES OOF THIS SIZE WITH LIMITED SPACE DOWN. THANK YOU!!!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/1704051674.html

:hmm3grin2orange:

I have never gotten free firewood in my life.At best, I have bartered my labor and skills for someones unwanted trees.

Wow, that's too bad! I get ALL my wood for free! It's either road kill (cut up by power or road crews and left beside the road), or I get culls from a log processor.

I don't beg for it, though!

Police: Conn. man in feud placed fake orgy ad on Craig's List

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9F86NU80&show_article=1

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut man who was feuding with his neighbor targeted her in an explicit online posting that invited strangers to a rowdy orgy with a bored soccer mom, police said.
Philip James Conran, 42, made his first court appearance Thursday, but did not enter a plea to charges including reckless endangerment, harassment, criminal trespass and risk of injury to a minor.

The charges stem from an April 5 posting on Craigslist that said a West Hartford woman wanted to "please as many as I can before I go to work!" Detectives, Conran's attorney and the woman targeted in the posting are not saying what prompted the feud between the longtime neighbors in the middle-class Hartford suburb.

West Hartford Police Chief James Strillacci said even veteran officers were surprised by the number of strangers who knocked on the woman's door, called the house or drove by.

"We were saying to ourselves, 'The economy must be worse than we think if all of these able-bodied men are able to immediately drop everything and drive over to this neighborhood'" on a Monday morning, he said.

One man who showed up went to the wrong house, where he groped a teenage girl, police said. He has been charged with sexual assault and other counts. His attorney said his client has psychological issues and plans to plead not guilty.

Conran, an unemployed cook, has been free on $75,000 bond since his arrest. The married father was ordered Thursday to have no contact with his neighbor.

His attorney, Michael Georgetti, said Conran has no criminal history and has been out of work since a major back operation in March. The arrest affidavit says he gave a written, sworn confession to police.

"Hopefully we'll reach a resolution that's fair not only to my client, but fair also to other people involved in this incident," Georgetti said.

The Craigslist ad, titled "Looking for lust," was purported to be written by a married soccer mom hoping to fulfill her fantasy of group sex and inviting strangers to "please come play." It listed her street address.

Men started showing up at her door and in her neighborhood, prompting her brother-in-law to stand guard and write down visitors' license plates, police said. He also shooed away those bold enough to come to the door, including one who threatened to post her picture at soccer fields around town, authorities said.

By the time the posting was removed, more than a half-dozen people had parked nearby or come to her door, and others slowly drove by or circled the neighborhood, police said.

The woman declined to comment when contacted this week by The Associated Press.

Police linked the posting to Conran through Craigslist and his Internet provider, according to court records.

Investigators confiscated Conran's computers and are examining them for potential links to other complaints, police said.

Last year, someone pretended to be the woman, then engaged in an explicit online chat with a stranger and invited the man over, Strillacci said. The woman sought help from police when the stranger showed up on her doorstep.

Susan MacTavish Best, a spokeswoman for Craigslist, said the company actively cooperates with police and that using the service for criminal purposes "inevitably leads to apprehension and prosecution."

Fireplace Wood (Neenah)
Date: 2010-04-23, 6:38PM CDT

The wood is free to those that want it. A remodeling project has left some railroad ties I don't really need. The ties have been cut to fireplace size (neighbor got a new chain saw) but you may want to split some of it. Call 920-725-3098 for location and directions.

At least it is kiln dried...

Camp Firewood - $50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-04-26, 11:25AM EDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One cord of kiln dried white pine wood, 5" x 7" x 17"-34" lengths.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1710806222

wanting sperm donation for a couple trying to have a baby

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/wan/1678186047.html

We are a loving lesbian couple who have been in a relationship for four years now. We are looking for a male donor to help us make our family complete. We will pay 200 dollars for 6 samples a month. and $1000 after conception. Must have a picture and background info. Must be medically tested and STD free. If interested please email us back with a recent photo and description of yourself.

Any takers?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9F86NU80&show_article=1

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut man who was feuding with his neighbor targeted her in an explicit online posting that invited strangers to a rowdy orgy with a bored soccer mom, police said.
Philip James Conran, 42, made his first court appearance Thursday, but did not enter a plea to charges including reckless endangerment, harassment, criminal trespass and risk of injury to a minor.

The charges stem from an April 5 posting on Craigslist that said a West Hartford woman wanted to "please as many as I can before I go to work!" Detectives, Conran's attorney and the woman targeted in the posting are not saying what prompted the feud between the longtime neighbors in the middle-class Hartford suburb.

West Hartford Police Chief James Strillacci said even veteran officers were surprised by the number of strangers who knocked on the woman's door, called the house or drove by.

"We were saying to ourselves, 'The economy must be worse than we think if all of these able-bodied men are able to immediately drop everything and drive over to this neighborhood'" on a Monday morning, he said.

One man who showed up went to the wrong house, where he groped a teenage girl, police said. He has been charged with sexual assault and other counts. His attorney said his client has psychological issues and plans to plead not guilty.

Conran, an unemployed cook, has been free on $75,000 bond since his arrest. The married father was ordered Thursday to have no contact with his neighbor.

His attorney, Michael Georgetti, said Conran has no criminal history and has been out of work since a major back operation in March. The arrest affidavit says he gave a written, sworn confession to police.

"Hopefully we'll reach a resolution that's fair not only to my client, but fair also to other people involved in this incident," Georgetti said.

The Craigslist ad, titled "Looking for lust," was purported to be written by a married soccer mom hoping to fulfill her fantasy of group sex and inviting strangers to "please come play." It listed her street address.

Men started showing up at her door and in her neighborhood, prompting her brother-in-law to stand guard and write down visitors' license plates, police said. He also shooed away those bold enough to come to the door, including one who threatened to post her picture at soccer fields around town, authorities said.

By the time the posting was removed, more than a half-dozen people had parked nearby or come to her door, and others slowly drove by or circled the neighborhood, police said.

The woman declined to comment when contacted this week by The Associated Press.

Police linked the posting to Conran through Craigslist and his Internet provider, according to court records.

Investigators confiscated Conran's computers and are examining them for potential links to other complaints, police said.

Last year, someone pretended to be the woman, then engaged in an explicit online chat with a stranger and invited the man over, Strillacci said. The woman sought help from police when the stranger showed up on her doorstep.

Susan MacTavish Best, a spokeswoman for Craigslist, said the company actively cooperates with police and that using the service for criminal purposes "inevitably leads to apprehension and prosecution."

lmfao !!!
ive always wondered about ad's like that
i often see ads for free firewood that say "wood around back of house, DO NOT KNOCK ON DOOR" , they make it a point in many of these ads to tell you to not knock on the door, like they are setting you up for burglary or their neighbors up to be robbed?
ive looked through that personals section on craigslist before, there is some funny #### on there, guarantee half those people posting phone numbers are posting the numbers of people they are seeking revenge again
it would be so easy to #### with someone you dont like with fake ads listing things for real cheap or free, u could have someones phone ringing off the hook all day for weeks

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/wan/1678186047.html

We are a loving lesbian couple who have been in a relationship for four years now. We are looking for a male donor to help us make our family complete. We will pay 200 dollars for 6 samples a month. and $1000 after conception. Must have a picture and background info. Must be medically tested and STD free. If interested please email us back with a recent photo and description of yourself.

Any takers?

I have already started on my first sample, figured best to be ahead of the game!!!

FIREWOOD FROM LARGE HARDWOOD TREE (Irondequoit)

http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/1713719571.html

Large hardwood tree recently cut down. Wood from tree for sale.

See photos - LARGE LOGS (from main TRUNK)are $45 each;
ALL SMALL LOGS (from large BRANCHES) for $75 TOTAL

CASH ONLY
3k13m93pc5W35X35S5a4rc5625d57e28f1e69.jpg
3n13m43o55O25Z05U1a4r5d17a63ce9331afb.jpg

Back