Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one of the funniest garage sale ads I've seen in a while. I especially like the first paragraph:

Biggest Sale of the Year! TODAY & Tomorrow (6/21 & 6/22)

Yes, this is BY FAR the biggest sale we will have at our house all year. It's also the only sale we will have at our house this year. If we don't have it, you don't need it. If you don't need it, buy it anyway, because I want my garage back. All reasonable offers will be considered. All unreasonable offers will be laughed at hysterically. Our garage will be open for business from 8 am - 4 pm on Friday and Saturday. Early birds are welcome, but you will be required to do yard work until we actually open at 8 am. I will leave the mower, trimmer, chainsaw, rakes, and shovels in the driveway. As a courtesy to our neighbors, however, we ask that you please refrain from mowing or using the chain saw until after 6 am. Thank you.

Some of the amazing stuff you can't live without includes:

A JVC 61" HD TV (which we will let you watch for FREE while shopping, no purchase necessary), tons of cabinets (OK, not tons, but at least a couple hundred pounds), electronics and computer stuff up the ying yang, kitchen items up the waazoo, knick knacky and 'cute' stuff that my girlfriend just HAD to have, coffee tables and a Cuisinart coffee maker (coffee sold separately), Queen bedding sets (queen sold separately), vacuums (they really suck), pet supplies (pets sold separately), stuffed animals, kids stuff, videos, CD's, and much, much more. Oops, I forgot to mention clothes. We got clothes too. Lots and lots of mostly women's clothes, carefully hand selected from the 46,000 items in my girlfriend's "I can't find a thing to wear" closet.

Something for everyone from age 1 to 100. Sorry, but if you're under 1 or over 100, you're probably out of luck. Children are most certainly welcome, but all unattended children will be given a large coffee and a free kitten.

S13022 Highbanks Road, Spring Green. Turn off of Hwy 23 onto Leone Road and veer left onto Highbanks Road (it's a dead end road). We're located on the right as you near the end of the road. Unless you go past our house and have to turn around. Then we're on the left. If you're coming from Spring Green, it's the first left turn after Swing Valley Golf Park. Watch for signs.

Friday, June 21st and Saturday, June 22nd 8am - 4pm.

P.S. Free Walmart, Menards, and Walgreens plastic bags will be given to the first 3,000 paying customers!

a Sea-weed eater ?

tempted to contact this guy to see if it's a (semi) joke or what?

coulda run a brush blade and maybe got in some fillets while he's at it
--
Echo weed eater new

Echo weed eater new - $50
Echo stm 225 new. Bought weed eater to cut sea weed around my dock. Turns out it doesn't work worth a sxxx under water. The salesman said it would cut anything anywhere. He lied because it won't even run under water. As a matter of fact as soon as you put it in water zap. It's done. I couldn't even get it to start last time I tried to use it . The lake water where I live is pretty muddy so I think that has something to do with it. Probly needs a new filter. It also needs some special kind of gas which sucks axx. Seems to run ok on regular though when it does start. I hired a guy to do it for me. My loss is your gain. $50 takes this bxxxx home. E mail me. I peed on my phone so it dosent work. Stay off drugs. Smoking pot makes you an idiot. Thanks. Randy

--
Echo weed eater new

Echo stm 225 new. Bought weed eater to cut sea weed around my dock. Turns out it doesn't work worth a sxxx under water. The salesman said it would cut anything anywhere. He lied because it won't even run under water. As a matter of fact as soon as you put it in water zap. It's done. I couldn't even get it to start last time I tried to use it . The lake water where I live is pretty muddy so I think that has something to do with it. Probly needs a new filter. It also needs some special kind of gas which sucks axx. Seems to run ok on regular though when it does start. I hired a guy to do it for me. My loss is your gain. $50 takes this bxxxx home. E mail me. I peed on my phone so it dosent work. Stay off drugs. Smoking pot makes you an idiot. Thanks. Randy

The scary part is these people breed, and vote.

--
Echo weed eater new

:clap:

Now this dood is well on his way to self-actualization

cant see open the CL links

Anybody got any ideas, i cant open the CL links, any others open just fine but have never been able to open CL. im down here in AUS but surely its just an open site, you would be able to browse gumtree, here in aus huh? rekon its a block by the website or a problem on my computer? would really like to be able to have a wheeze over some of these ad's and drool over some of the deals you lot over there seem to come by so often!!!

Probably some kind of block since you are in another country.
When I was in Guatemala a few weeks back, I could not go to certain sites that I could go to in the states.

Kevin

Here is another one from the local CL.

Tree for firewood (Chippewa Falls)
I have a very large and very dead tree in my yard that needs to be removed. If you can safely cut it down the wood is yours. There is a house and garage pretty close and also some powerlines near it. It is very large and has been dead for 2 years so I would think the wood would be ready to burn. Please email me if interested.
View attachment 303718

Anybody got any ideas, i cant open the CL links, any others open just fine but have never been able to open CL. im down here in AUS but surely its just an open site, you would be able to browse gumtree, here in aus huh? rekon its a block by the website or a problem on my computer? would really like to be able to have a wheeze over some of these ad's and drool over some of the deals you lot over there seem to come by so often!!!

There are various technical ways to do what you want to do, but.....they, the authorities they, and CL staffer geeks, sorta frown on people doing it. You would get noticed and blocked shortly again.

CL doesn't want to waste bandwith on people who really can't get to the ad area to buy the stuff, and it is also a security concern of theirs I would suspect, as foreign spammers would innundate the place. Not that you would, not saying that, just look at it from their point of view.

So..tradeoffs, you don't get to see CL, but you DO get to live in Australia, which is a way cool nation for the most part.

As to deals on machines..you pay more for saws there, but you have access to nissan and toyota (and I guess chinese?) diesel pickup trucks...they don't sell them here anymore. Just gassers.

Yup for $2k i will safely remove your tree and clean everything up:laugh:

that includes the stump(s) too doesnt it? i want it to be totally gone, no equipment either, dont want my lawn tore up. plus the neighbors dont like noise so hand tools only please. i have a couple other stumps in my yard id like you to look at too....

sound familiar?

a couple old stumps for $100, how could you resist?

"have 2 stumps for landscaping. 1 large and 1 medium size. $100 or trade. looking for working chainsaw with small gas can"

wood root stump

It's worth checking out the photos for the shear head-shaking wonder of it. Someone wants a hundred bucks for #### that I'd consider a bother to toss in a ditch.

"have 2 stumps for landscaping. 1 large and 1 medium size. $100 or trade. looking for working chainsaw with small gas can"

wood root stump

It's worth checking out the photos for the shear head-shaking wonder of it. Someone wants a hundred bucks for #### that I'd consider a bother to toss in a ditch.

Yes, and some areas big rocks are a bother, in the way in a field, etc, but..you can sell them too. Just depends on where you are. Guys here cut cookies a lot, but a finished cookie can be sold. Guys here every single day cut up sawlogs for firewood. I have done it myself, as no way to mill nor haul huge logs to the sawmill. I absolutely knew they were worth more, etc, but, better try to salvage value from your assorted junk.

Look at the good scores on saws that come from scrapyards for another example.

Or, say, around here, pine wood. Out west or way up north, can be sold for bonafide firewood, around here, you would get laughed at if you asked money for it.

ya never know what people will buy or swap. hey, CL ad is free, doesn't hurt to ask, although I agree, those are not real choice stumps, either..

Been slow here lately. SkippyKTM posted a good one in the Ebay/CL thread in chainsaw, and I feel obligated to share it here. Thanks Skippy!

[url]http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bar/3968084918.html[/URL]

I'll TAKE DOWN YOUR TREES FOR BASICALLY FREE!! (NORWICH)
I'll TAKE DOWN YOUR TREES FOR BASICALLY FREE!!
20.00$ cash and Just let me keep the wood and we're good.. Nothing enormous
And must be reachable by 3 extension cords length from your power source i have electric chain saw. Mostly interested in maple or oak
Not sure how to tell if its maple or oak?
Easy maple drops the helicopter seeds.
Oak drops acorns.
Local in norwich
Email and i'll respond within the day

Wonder how long those 3 extension cords are?

Latest posts

Back