Crane removals....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have "ridden the ball" before if the tree is real dead and doesn't seem safe to spike into. Not at the company I'm at now, they don't allow it. Its not really the thing to do its really dangerous and from my assumption its totally frowned apon.

Read post #60 in this thread.

There are ANSI approved methods to ride the ball. I don't believe OSHA permits it.

There are instances where it is considerably safer than climbing.

yes there is .i think its safer and the climber doesnt get as tired. and its a lot fasteri think. i can climb both was but i think stayin tied in is better

yes there is .i think its safer and the climber doesnt get as tired. and its a lot fasteri think. i can climb both was but i think stayin tied in is better

Have you looked at the post with recommended tie-in methods?

Do you use something similar?

Idk how I feel either way...I thinks can be easier to spike in, then the peice goes away, and you just chill and wait for the crane to come back...Basically just whatch the other guys work...Granted sometimes my calfs or ankle cramp cuz of the spikes, but its not that bad really. Just me being me, but I would wanna help the ground guys while down there before going back up if I rode the peice out. Plus if you tie in with a micro pulley and split tail, you can pop you line right out and still have ur knot in tact and ready to go. So I would just assume spike in and relax....We tie right into the ball, another place I worked we tied into a ring off the ball which was nice, but I know the ring is supposed to be connected above the ball, so that wasn't "legall" either. We also used shackles on the slings at that place instead of straight sling around the wood....

Marquis do you work for marquis tree? A really good friend of mine works there, Dave Gatsby

i use a 8.5 ton shackel in the becket. on the load line. i like comin down evry pick so i can help the ground guy. or whatever. . and yes i do work for marquis tree dave is a good guy and a good tree guy. but he hates me lol.

Idk how Oldirty feels, but I can't stand the kid...I had to work with him the other day just me and him. I climbed a Norway and thined it and he was cool, didn't bother me.....Then from lunch time on, at the second job where we met another crew he was just a totall peanut head. Everything he said aggrivated the hell outta me. He's a totall burnout dude. I know plenty of people who smoke, and used to myself, but I don't act like this idiot. Idk quite know why they call him Hollywood, cuz he had the name before I started, but I assume because when its warm out, and he takes off his shirt, he does a totall like hollywood slow motion like scene with his long hair blowing in the wind and shaking his head from side to side....Kinda like in movies when a hot girl gets outta the pool and does the head thing to throw the water around....So thats why I think he's hollywood....

and yes i do work for marquis tree dave is a good guy and a good tree guy. but he hates me lol.

Dave is a tough dude to get along with, people either like him or hate him...He is a sick tree guy, and I'm not sayin that because I know him, he is just awesome around a tree...

So are there better methods to tie into the load line?

well it not want better its was safer.you need to be on the load line ever just to be lifted into the tree. never mind burning down every pick

haha sry. u need to be tied into the load line to be lifted into a tree with a crane, at all times. u should not just be on the hook!

in all the places i have worked i have never seen this shackle. give me the hook man, its only a short ride i'm taking on it.

the wood isnt that big around here. if i am taking something out and i have to ride out with it. it wont be that big. lol

According to ANSI, a "qualified arborist" can stay tied in to the load line while a load is being lifted if there is no other suitable tie-in point to transfer to.

and as far as stayen tied in every pick i think its better becouse im on the crane every day and i dont use a bucket. i try do find the fastest way to climb.

if you are their main climber then i gotta say you got an pretty good life over there. you guys ROLL down the road for sure. sweet lineup ive seen. you guys have your own crane?

Latest posts

Back