Cranked On the Wood Stove Insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A. Stanton

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Going down to 60 degrees tonight and addition to all the rain, figured be nice to have a fire in my Pacific Energy Wood Stove Insert.

nice fire! but 60 degrees and a fire? It was mid 50's here the past few nights and there is no way I would have started a fire. House would have been 90 degrees. I am addicted to burning wood but not that much:dizzy:

I would give a lot for those temps right now. We are still runnng the A/C, even at night.
:(

I am in Ct too, but I didn't dare even open the windows for fear the humidy would sneak in again. I leave the air on till the humidity leaves for good......you must be chompin at the bit for fires!!!!

Man I wish I could see some 50 degree nights. At the farm in Freestone co. last week highs 105 lows 82. We won't see 50 degree nights till the middle of Oct. and that's if were lucky.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :givebeer: :givebeer: COLD BEER!

Yeah, I hear you, I used to live in Coventy and Ashland in the Storrs, CT area. We used to get some really cool nights in August.

I recall burning by Defiant very well to take the chill out. Whale of a stove back then--held a 24" log and heated most of the house. One year I saved at least 500 gallons of fuel oil by using it. That stove paid for itself in two years, even at 1977 prices. :greenchainsaw:

Back