Crankshaft Bearings Sealed or not Sealed that is the question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fettlst

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought some Crankshaft bearings for a TS350 im working on and they are sealed bearings. I know I need to take out the inside seal for lubrication but do I really need to take off the outer seal? Will I get any more leak protection if I leave it or could it cause problems down the road? Also not just on the TS350, could I leave them on the out side for other saws? Thanks

I bought some Crankshaft bearings for a TS350 im working on and they are sealed bearings. I know I need to take out the inside seal for lubrication but do I really need to take off the outer seal? Will I get any more leak protection if I leave it or could it cause problems down the road? Also not just on the TS350, could I leave them on the out side for other saws? Thanks

I would think you would want to remove both seals so that it crankshaft seals could get some lubrication.

Take them out for lube of the crankcase seals plus I doubt they are designed for the pulsating plus and negative crankcase pressures and might wind up dislodged and rolling around between bearing and seal. Careful when you pry them out that you do not distort the bearing cage.

So let it be written, so let it be done.............

Just for the record, what was the chapter and verse????

So you found some bearings with the same inner/outer diameters,
and you want "absolution"??

Bearings are a tad more involved than just whether or not they might fit>

If you remove the seals from both sides of a bearing, are you going to remove
the factory grease pack?? If you do, would it then be the same as the bearing you are trying to replace? You are just trying to save some money, no doubt, if you do this, will you post a thread later about a saw failure,
you replaced the piston/plus, bearings, seals, etc....

Not saying that the bearings were from a totally different application?

I am not trying to be harsh, well maybe I am. But fill in the spaces a bit.

Forgive me Lake, for I am fat.............

Forgive us our looking at Huskies while at Lowes.......

It has been 114 days since my last confession......

ok 11114

So let it be written, so let it be done.............

Just for the record, what was the chapter and verse????

I will have to check my....................Lakeside, Bible.:cheers:

Heee Heee Heeee........just kills you don't it! :)

Yes, I try, I try..................

Everyone hates me.......................

I am dung..................

poop.....................

I have a book on you too..............and you can bet it's not a Bible!!!!:greenchainsaw:

Im not sticking up for Fish and Im not bashing Lake but Im sure there are alot of good "mechanics"on here that have good viable advise. :greenchainsaw:

Im not sticking up for Fish and Im not bashing Lake but Im sure there are alot of good "mechanics"on here that have good viable advise. :greenchainsaw:

Yes their is, just have some fun with Fish.............I really don't think you could
make Fish mad, unless you got real personal.

In Lakesides absence Fish is fill in for technical bearing info.

I think he is acting as the "fig plucker's son":)

Back