crankshaft to bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
auskip07

auskip07

ArboristSite Member
So when im putting together another broken saw and replacing the bearings, What is the best/ easiest way to tackle it
1. Press bearings inside the case halves then press shaft on one side then repeat on the other?
2 Install bearings on shaft then proceed to press the bearing in the case half?

ive seen people do it on Youtube the #2 way But i question if that is the easiest

lone wolf
So when im putting together another broken saw and replacing the bearings, What is the best/ easiest way to tackle it
1. Press bearings inside the case halves then press shaft on one side then repeat on the other?
2 Install bearings on shaft then proceed to press the bearing in the case half?

ive seen people do it on Youtube the #2 way But i question if that is the easiest
Heat the case with a heat gun push or tap or press them in fast before heat transfers.

Knobby57

Knobby57

Peeing outdoors
If you heat the case correctly the bearing will drop in . Let it sit for a few mins and the bearing will soak up the heat from the case . Then you can drop the crank into that side . Rinse and repeat and vwala all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auskip07

auskip07

ArboristSite Member
If you heat the case correctly the bearing will drop in . Let it sit for a few mins and the bearing will soak up the heat from the case . Then you can drop the crank into that side . Rinse and repeat and vwala all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Im assuming placing the crank and bearing in the freezer might help a bit.