crappy chainsaw at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Count

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know that this doesn`t make me an lumber jack but I had a lot of fun; except I lost an ax. oh well, i`ll buy some orange paint.

It was a beautiful ash that my father in law wanted removed. I tried in vain to change his mind....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

note: wife hand.

4.jpg

and some more cutting; I know, no protection...

5.jpg

if you look careful you may see the rubber band that holds the switch.

cheers.

dude video that saw cutting some rounds I just have to see that in action.

Bet that one made a thud when it hit the ground. That sound is a lot more enjoyable when the tree is heading directly for it's intended fall zone. Yeah we need some additional updates on the fake Stihl saw. I saw one online for the first time earlier this week and was wondering if they were any good. (relative to the price vs performance)

Bar and chain are worth more than the saw

that is almost true. but if it weren`t for this saw I would never got the bug.
now ofcourse I want a better one but funny thing, one week I am convinced it is a stihl , the next is a husky.
can`t make up my mind.

So one week it won't start the next week it will? jk How does it run? what did it cost?

it was 80$, it was new, the on off switch stays on until pulling the gas (therefore I have a rubber band), I have to keep it to a certain rpm (by ear) where it has max power and the break won`t work.

other than that it was really ok, taking abuse until yesterday when oiler failed. it was the end of the day and I didn`t looked into it. maybe just clogged.

when it dies, I`ll go to my dealer and get 33$ discount for a new saw.
LOL

really, don`t buy cheap saws; they cost more in the end.
I bought it as you buy a disposable camera.

it has been fun so far. I think I got my money worth.

they have a 105cc it would be fun to buy just to see what it takes to blow it up.

no wonder you didnt want to show your face in the photos :biggrinbounce2:

Nice looking drop though. You did really well to cut around your wifes hand without hurting her too. How did she get her hand stuck in a tree in the first place?

Nice looking drop though. You did really well to cut around your wifes hand without hurting her too. How did she get her hand stuck in a tree in the first place?

LOL that is hilarious!:hmm3grin2orange:

she did some magic that went wrong; she got stuck both hands inside the tree. only the second attempt to free her went well. couldn`t post the first attempt though....too messy

Where did you buy the saw from? The websites linked say things like "minimum 50 pcs" and I'm doubting if the saw arrives in 50 pieces... counts.

Latest posts

Back