Crazy and weird

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windwalker and cowtipper you guys teamed up well on that one. That is an incredible set of circumstances to lead to the mummification of a dog!! Thumbs up on that one!!

embedded

There is a bicycle in a tree behind sound foods on vashon island wa. seen hinges, nails, barb wire probably the worst was cutting into some live baby squirrels thoght it was my own blood and it made me sad:mad[

I have been very lucky and have yet to strike a metal object while cutting.

However, I did cut down an old popple tree that had snapped off about 30 feet up that unbeknown to me, held three raccoons. I couldn't figure what was wrong with my cutting partner (German Sheppard), she was running around the tree like crazy. When I stopped cutting to warn her to stay back, she ran inside the tree and pulled out a hissing and snarling coon. Two trips later, she was done. Dogs really are the best cutting partners.:)

There is a bicycle in a tree behind sound foods on vashon island wa. seen hinges, nails, barb wire probably the worst was cutting into some live baby squirrels thoght it was my own blood and it made me sad:mad[

Dr. Tree

I'm going to my GF parents house on Wensday and I will try and get a photo of it. When was the last time you saw it?

So did you actually take the picture, or find it on the net? Either way, awesome. I wonder how that thing got there, what was the bike rider doing when he dismounted the bike? Hit by a car, chased by a dog? Or was he delivering newspapers in the dark of an early morning when he hit a pothole which disabled his bike. He was a good newspaper delivery boy, and knew his customers counted on him so he delivered the rest of the route by hand. When he returned his bike had been stolen. Atleast that's what he thought, he had rested it next to a tree, but the grass was tall, and he couldn't be sure where he had put it, was it this corner or the next? He had to have a bike to perform his paperly duties, so by the time he got around to finding his bike it was already rusting. He decided to leave it to the elements since he had a nice new shiny bike.

Just things I think about.

WOW! I assumed the bike was up in the tree, maybe hanging from a limb. But that bike is really IN the tree!

I've only had a couple of real surprises while cutting, but nothing imbedded in a tree except for the occasional chain dulling nail. I did inadvertently find a geocache in a coffee can when I set my saw down on a hollow stump. I signed the registry, took an ink pen, donated an old spark plug, and put the "cache" back in the stump.

I was splitting some wood today and found a whole bunch of dang black ants, big ones too!!! good thing I had my handy bug sprayer close by to keep them out of the wood shed!! It amazes me how they can be inside a log that appears to have no entry spots!! no sign of them till the wedge hits their spot.

I found a finger, oddly enough on the same day I lost a finger, long story short they sewed that sucker back on.

We cut some walnuts trees and had them milled and made into kitchen cabinets. At the cabinet shop, they found that a board had an actual walnut that had gotten sawed in half. We saved it and had the board laser engraved with our names and use it as wallhanging.

Had one near the wood this weekend. My son and I are scouting out an area to cut wood on the next rise over from where we cut last year. It's a beautiful spot that I need to take pictures of. Elevation is approaching 9000 feet. Impassable in the winter, the only sign of civilization is a fence that runs near the top of the ridge. Very steep hill with lots of lightning struck trees. Deer and Elk sign all-over. As we're walking across the mid-section of this hill we find a coconut shell, actually about 2/3 of a coconut shell.

The only reason I recognized what it was is I've spent some time overseas in coconutville.

We cut some walnuts trees and had them milled and made into kitchen cabinets. At the cabinet shop, they found that a board had an actual walnut that had gotten sawed in half. We saved it and had the board laser engraved with our names and use it as wallhanging.

When you get a chance post a pic of the wallhanging, that would be sweet to see!

Back