Crazy weather in Ky...Millin pics..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yesterday was like spring time,,almost 70 degrees..Got to mill some red oak,,and I tell ya,,that stuff is tuff..Got some nice boards from it at least...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last pics..

Was thinkin of Bob over in Australia yesterday..I forgot it's there spring and summer time down his way now...It sure didnt feel like winter here yesterday...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for all of the pictures Stipes. Nice job, you have really took off with the milling. It was indeed a beautiful day in Ky. however I was stuck in London on a rush job that we are doing and will more than likely be there for the next few weekends. :cheers:

Sweet!!:clap: Again beautiful cuts great job! You did get some nice boards off that, the first log I did was a long dead and laying red oak and it was tuff as nails but some of them are the best boards I have very hard and most of them kept straight and nice grain!! Thanks for the pics Happy New Year irishcountry

Thanks for all the pics stipes... you sure didn't skimp on quantity :)

I found milling red oak to be about in the middle of the list as far as difficulty milling. Slower going than pines, poplar etc but not as difficult as hickory or osage orange for example. I find red and white oak, ash, cherry, soft maples and walnut are all about the same going down the log as far as ease of milling.

Where you better have sharp chain and lots of mix is down in Australia where Bob mills that rock hard stuff they call wood. :cheers:

Great pics, and great wood. Wish oak grew in my neighborhood.

My milling is on hold until I can get caught up plowing snow. It's all I can do to keep my access road open. 5 foot drifts yesterday, snow coming over the hood of the truck. And Stipes is enjoying t-shirt weather !!!!

Nice work. I am down here in northern Kentucky visiting family for the Holidays, enjoying the nice weather and wishing I had brought my milling rig with me because of all of the blown down hardwood I have seen. I guess it is from the big storm this past fall.

Back