CS 300 Echo 12 inch saw, any good??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
just bought a used CS 300 with a 12" bar for the itty bitty stuff, seems like a neat little saw but i have never owned ANY Echo stuff at all. Where is the stuff made at and are they any good? The saw i bought starts and runs pretty good, isn't all beat up but is missing the carry handle, other than that i would say a 6 out of a 10. I had to pay $150.00 to get the little saw, maybe a bit high to some but i wanted the cute little bugger. Anybody have any good parts to sell??

I think all echo saws are made in japan....I hear they are good saws but i cant say for sure.....i have never owned one.....parts for them should be easy to find i think.

I have the same saw, well my kid does. I had to buy it for him to get my Echo CS-315 back. Some of the saws are assembled here and the rest from Japan...Bob

Yup, a CS300 is a great little saw. its not the most powerful, but it'll do very well in most applications. I have almost no bad things to say about Echo stuff. its high quality machinery, very reliable, tough, and its not expensive either. you'll probably find that when taken care of, this saw just REFUSES to die and STAY dead.

I just got hold of a cs-302 and it looks to be a nice little saw.

The one I got had the points misadjusted to .030 and ran like crap. Once i got it set right she runs like a champ.

Im lucky to have got mine with the .250 chain and it cuts quick with this setup. Do you have the 1/4" chain or the .325?

i think u will like it for lite pruning . i have one with a 14 inch bar. if u want to trade the 12 inch with a good chain ,ill swap my 14 inch and 2 chains 3/8 low pro for it. guess i oughta make it clear, im just talking swapping chains and bars ,not saws.

in any case congratulations. echo sells the least talked about and most underated saw,out there . in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back