cs 3000 echo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
not advertisement. but im sure enjoying the little 3000 i recently bought. great climbing saw. dont die in the middle of wk etc,and can handle anything up there.for a while i was going up w the 028
and that aint easy to muscle out for any length of time.like i say ,real pleased ,so far. just hope it holds up like a pro.later now

Your brave and strong to go up with an 028! You will enjoy the cs3000 much better and probably kick you self for not getting one sooner!

Nice saw, but the 3400 is way better for $50 more $ and 0.1 lb more.

hey toneman. fairly strong but the reason i was taking the 28 up was my little 015 needed a gas line. got tired of waiting for the line to come in, 3 wks i think. so went out and found the 3000
as a christmas return for 120.hadnt even had the bar put on it before somebody brought it back.probably a gift from somebodys wife etc.as far as the 3400 goes ,im sure its good saw but if u never had t bone steak ,peanut butter tast jus fine.
my next step up is a craftsman 36 cc w 14 bar. pretty dependable for quick stuff. trade both for the 3400 .
whatyu say. aint kidding if u aint. later now bud

Hey, Tony,
Don't take my comment as a negative one. I just never heard anyone goin up with an 028, I have one, and I think that it's too big to go up with. I understand, in your case, you got tired of waiting, as I also do, so you did what you had to do to get the job done.
Oh by the way, has your gas line come in for the 015?

At least I have NEVER had a parts problem with the 3000 or 3400 yet!! We sell more 3000's and 3400's in eastern Washington for tree pro's and orchardist than anything else.And proud to say have had very little if any problems. ;)

no toneman i understood what u were saying . u are right the 28 belongs on the ground.jus gotta make do.:) later now
forgot . i sold the 015 on ebay for 61 dollarswith the old gas line in it so the fella would know what he was hunting.
also rick i hope that means ill be able to get pts for the 3000 when its old.i kinda get used to somethin an like to maintain it properly. i think most of my equipment oughta outlive me. course im no yearling myself.nothin any sillier than a homeowner having to buy a new mower every 3-4 yrs cause the motors shot.
have a hard time understanding their thinking.just MHO

Last edited:
I've got a pair of 015L's. One is original 1/4 pitch, and the other has been converted to 3/8 extended. Love them, but don't use them that much. Both are excellent cond, and run beautifully.

I've gone to my local Stihl dealer for parts for them on a few occaisions. They've always just pulled them off the shelf. Either my dealer is outstanding or I've been lucky. Perhaps both.

I'm not sure if it's allowed on this forum, but if anyone's looking for 015 parts, I can put you in touch with my dealer. Just E-mail me.

I think the 015 is a wonderful little saw. I keep one stashed behind my truck seat at all times.

Have any of you tried this # from your stihl supplier ???? According to my sources it's a "fuel line kit" 1116-007-1005.Let me know if thats what your looking for;)

Latest posts

Back