Ct gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be there

I am pretty sure I will make it. But not till later in the day, I have a sporting clays tournament to shoot in the morning first.

Guys I need you to figure out the food amongst yourselfs
Whatever you bring will be welcome promptly cooked and eaten

Since I don't know any of you guys (yet), I'll provide locally grown pork chops and ribs for the grill ... ~15lbs. That should get us started :biggrin:

Since I don't know any of you guys (yet), I'll provide locally grown pork chops and ribs for the grill ... ~15lbs. That should get us started :biggrin:

Awesome. Hopefully we can get more guys to chime in to bring food

Formation is at 0900. Tool Box meeting
I have a chipper I am hoping will get heavy use.

Btw if anyone is interested I will have a like new 372xp x-torq for sale

2 20 inch bars and several new chains

Pm to discuss price

Awesome. Hopefully we can get more guys to chime in to bring food

Formation is at 0900. Tool Box meeting

I'm in for hot dog/hamburger/sandwich rolls if they are needed. Just let me know how many of each. I could also (as an alternative) do hot dogs and rolls of however many you want.

We're scratching the skid steer
The rental cost isn't worth it.
We can drive one of my trucks into the woods

You too have a few (hundred) tops laying around after the October Nor'Easter? I've got dozens of widow hangers as well :msp_mad:

I'll work on the ground crew, splitter crew, or the chipper crew ... leave the felling to the pros ;)

hey kurt ,met you @ mass gtg ,[ i dragged the unused splitter] whats the head count as of now ??would like to make it over ,gotta wait on the weather forecast [plowing comittment] do you have a lotta space to spread the work partys out abit ?jk

We have parking. Maybe a little tight. 2 work areas and a headquarters

Expectations?
I have some big trees to drop. I am looking for experienced fellers for these. The house is not too far away. If no one is comfortable dropping then we can have a cookie noodling and chipping iPa drinking party.
At any rate. There are several trees needing to be dropped and cut And chipped
Safety and common sense is paramount
If it snows I will be plowing and we can talk about another day

Last edited:
Weather is saying 45° and rain on 2/17. Sunny and 33° on 2/18. Hoping for a nice cool sunny day on Saturday. Still trying to figure which saws to bring. What dia. are these big trees? Don't want to bring all big guns if that's what everyone else is bringing. Definitely bringing at least a 60cc for limbing. I'm planning on only being there for a few hours or so. Have a lot of unfinished projects left to finish around the house.

I'm thinking about coming since its not too far for me. Are any of you guys good with tuning saws? I want to MM one of my saws and I could use a clinic on tuning.

I'm thinking about coming since its not too far for me. Are any of you guys good with tuning saws? I want to MM one of my saws and I could use a clinic on tuning.

Good question. I could use the same. Im still hoping that i dont have to work, and if i dont i'll bring my three huskys 346xp,372xp/xt/xpw, and 390xp. The 372 id really like to run some tanks through to get her broken in. She only has about 3 maybe 4 tanks through her. Id like to do that and then have someone show me how to tune her a bit as i believe the saw is running rich and needs to be leaned out some. That being said i dont have a tach or a trained ear for this sort of thing.

Earlier posts have 2 guys besides me bringing tachs. I'm wanted to check mine against the others as mine is sometimes flakey. I think it's the battery connection but would like to compare anyway.

Back