Curb Alert found on the side of the road

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Walker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Driving back from the tractor dealer today and saw this on the side of the road with some other junk. I stopped picked it up, gave it a pull and it pops first pull! Put it in the back of the truck. Has a full tank of gas and oil runs ok too! I'll clean it up in the morning and sharpen the chain. Price was right, Free with gas and oil too!

p101000104sp3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

p101000204tt8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If you want to get it back to it's owner put a sign where you found it with your email address or phone number. Make sure to mention that if they can't ID the saw then it's a no go to keep down opportunists.

I had the same thought.

If you want to get it back to it's owner put a sign where you found it with your email address or phone number. Make sure to mention that if they can't ID the saw then it's a no go to keep down opportunists.

TreeCo The saw was with junk being thrown out on the side of the road. They had no use for it. Beats scrogging for firewood.

TreeCo The saw was with junk being thrown out on the side of the road. They had no use for it. Beats scrogging for firewood.

You said it was full of gas. I think it was thrown out by mistake.

Those were good old saws. some one lost that one by mistake or don't need or want a saw. It don't look as if it's been used a whole lot.

Those 3400s bring real good money parted out on eBay too, I wish I had a truckload of them!

Paint it orange and you got another Husky! Nice find you can't beat free.

The one I found was all ready orange and had a 266XP decal on the top cover and recoil side cover. Also found with a pile of stuff set out for the trash.It was accompanied by a washer, dryer and several bags of clothing and other household goods,someone moved out overnight and the truck must have been too full to take the leftovers. Pioneerguy600

Hey, I know what that is!

These make good runners. I really like mine. Do a search on Poulan 3400 and you can find the thread where I rebuilt one recently and it has a bunch of pics of the guts of one.

Pretty good quality but some sketchy design work.

Sears version

I have the craftsman version of that saw I picked up at auction for $35. It has been a good runner. If you ever need parts for it, you might find them at Sears parts.

Latest posts

Back