Cut some cookies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlmar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just re-ringed the 026. Found a new set in a box of parts and figured, why not. It ran fine just noticed it didn't pull quite like dads so if nothing else. It was good practice. Widened the ports and played with the degree wheel a bit while it was apart.

Just got the 5100 back from @MillerModSaws and needed to burn some fuel through it so I had alittle fun in the sun. Very impressed Mr. miller!! Going to be hard to use the other 50ccs again. Pulls 3/8" on 20" just like he said it would.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
Just re-ringed the 026. Found a new set in a box of parts and figured, why not. It ran fine just noticed it didn't pull quite like dads so if nothing else. It was good practice. Widened the ports and played with the degree wheel a bit while it was apart.

Just got the 5100 back from @MillerModSaws and needed to burn some fuel through it so I had alittle fun in the sun. Very impressed Mr. miller!! Going to be hard to use the other 50ccs again. Pulls 3/8" on 20" just like he said it would.
I'm glad you like. That's a very awesome line up in back of that truck. Not to much ya can't tackle nicely with that.

@Wood Doctor What are your thoughts on the 6401 bbk? Thinking long and hard about putting a new lung on mine. love the way it cuts now but I got it priced right and thinking why not. Any regret from not going oem?

@Wood Doctor What are your thoughts on the 6401 bbk? Thinking long and hard about putting a new lung on mine. love the way it cuts now but I got it priced right and thinking why not. Any regret from not going oem?
IMO. Go oem. There's not a huge price difference. And if you ever want it ported. Oem is the place to be.

I almost had you order me one today. Been keeping my eye out for a set of cases and a crank for ya. Just seeing if anybody can vouch for the bbk.

I almost had you order me one today. Been keeping my eye out for a set of cases and a crank for ya. Just seeing if anybody can vouch for the bbk.

I thought about one on my 6401 also and wanted input. By going bigger don't you also have to go with a bigger carb?

I thought about one on my 6401 also and wanted input. By going bigger don't you also have to go with a bigger carb?
The only difference between a 6401 carb and a 7900 carb is the 6401 has a little smaller low jet. The carb will perform with either cylinder especially in stock form.

And if your worried about carb performance. Send it to @Poleman and he will help ya out.

Thanks. But gotta watch the money for awhile. 1) Bought too many saws in the last couple months and the boss is a tad grumpy. 2) Were taking an Alaska cruise in the spring for our anniversary.

My Makita 6401 is a fabulous chain saw. The BBK made it even stronger.
Big Elm2.jpg
That's a 32" bar on board. Got the BBK from Northwood Parts. No regrets. It took a little work, but every enhancement kit usually does.

Latest posts

Back