Cutting the small stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen some imitations of it, considerably cheaper but they look downright rickety.

Holds wood well from small 2" to larger 8" or so, after cutting a few bits, it weighs down the frame so to speak.
Have not had any problem from it moving about once set up, seems once you have a piece of wood placed in it, it holds it well.
If making your own, I would offer that you make it a few inches higher for better work height, and the base another inch or 2 wider if you felt it was needed.
Apart from that, its really improved the way I deal with small lots of smaller wood.

T

That logosol thing should be easy to weld up with some scrap metal. I just can't make up my mind if its easier to wrestle the log up into that thing or
just cut it on the ground being careful to keep chain separate from dirt.

its easy to lift and place it in the jaws of the holder, and then you dont have to bother with the timber jumping about, and getting the chain in the dirt and having to bend over low with the saw.

Latest posts

Back