daka wood stoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anybody on this forum have any comments on the daka wood funace. efficiency, the forced draft model, do they use stovepipe damper, if so how with forced draft ? seem to have been around awhile and pretty economical on price thanks in advance for your comments!

remember, you get what you pay for. They are not a very well built stove.

Last edited:
Yup, Twin said it. I'd be leary. How come some stoves cost $1500 to $3500 but a daka is $995? Just TOO cheap to be very good quality? Just my $.02

anybody on this forum have any comments on the daka wood funace. efficiency, the forced draft model, do they use stovepipe damper, if so how with forced draft ? seem to have been around awhile and pretty economical on price thanks in advance for your comments!

Going on fifth winter with ours. Not the greatest, but it heats the house. Its a basic setup, natural draft.

We have plenty of power outages, and the simplicity of the daka is nice, less than a minute to remove the ducts, and sheetmetal sides and it continues to heat the house via radiant. When the power comes back on, put the parts in place and back to usual.

Using less wood is always nice, someday we'll upgrade.

Look at all the options, many furnaces out there, with a considerable price range.

I'm on my 4th year with mine. I'd go with wdchuck about them. Not the greatest but it gets the job done. I'm on NG so my heat bills before wood were not as high as some here. Paid the initial investment back in the first 1 1/2 winters. I go through between 3-5 cords to heat a fairly well insulated 2000 sq. ft. home. I heat all three levels since the basement in finished.

Back