Dancing With the Devil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure if he built it but there is a guy out west , Tommy Fales that has built some pretty fast saws and his chains cut like hell

who made what

I would say pioneer / poulan made the saw and oregon made the chain (just joking I dont know but it cut like it was on a mission)

i got to get me some high speed internet, it is just to pain full to have to wait 15 to 20 minutes to watch a video, so i looked in to it today $119 to start and $40 a month ,

That's a pretty good deal Ed, just think, the emails would be coming in faster than popcorn. Now that Ken and Dozer Dan are out of the picture, then it's just you, me and Rich.
John

hi- speed

Ed is that DSL or hi-speed dailup.:D
sounds like you want that puter to run as fast as them ported & polished saws.:blob2:

DSL is what he told me , said it would be 60 times faster than what i got, could be all bull sh!t , what do it know about computers , not much. Marky said Gypo was up to 5 words a minute, god i wish i was that fast, i think i almost have the backspace button wore out on this machine

Big D. all i can tell you is if Tommy made it then yes it is fast enough to win and why wouldn't it

Gypo yep emails may come in faster but for ???? sure they will not go out any faster , there is this one little problem called me typing, it is slower than the second coming of Christ

Hi Ed, don't sweat it, my backspace button is about as worn as my enter button, but how come my 3-0 buttons are thickly glazed with dirt and sap? Does this mean I have sap for blood and sh$t for brains?
John

doubled my typing speed

DSL is the way to go.... can't always get it in rural areas. :( I doubled my typing speed ... I use two fingers now.:D

this is real fast

i think this saw was faster than that 6cui saw it is a true 056 and looks like the chain cut not bad ...

Last edited:
D.Harvey

D.Harvey kicking A$$ at oroville in the hot saw race

Last edited:
I wonder if there's a clip of me running the hotsaw in Oroville. If there is don't laugh to hard. You can see me cut out and then look at my couch at what to do next. All having fun.

Steve toss it up I could care less. It can't be that bad, You have to start somewhere. I plan on taking a few saw lessons this winter. All in time, I have plans for new saws and in time I will get my game going.

I think the funny part is when I looked for Cahoon and I am thinking OH SHIIT I Blew it up.
Back to work.

Last edited:
Yeah! Put it up. Who was faster, or should I say who was slowest? Marky, Gypo, or Steve? LOL joe

John is surprisingly fast in timed cuts, given comparative equipment. Anytime that Blotax, he and I have cut using the same saw, it's always first, second and third, respectively. I'd say that relatively speaking, John's just about midway between Robert and myself as far as skill goes in this regard. Given that Robert is excellent and I more or less suck, maybe I'm not giving John enough credit. Perhaps I should race Mark sometime so he would feel better about his abilities. I did cut a 2.1 second time against Jon Rupley's 1.9 with the Rotax in Placerville last year, which says that there's hope anyway.

chap cut

I love it, going for the full body tan while "getting er done". :D
The sun, the moon and a good saw, Life is good for you eh?

The person making the cut in the clip mov00012.mpg is Gary Richards in Fort Bragg.

The saw he is using is a Pioneer P52, 5 cube that I built. The saw was run on gasoline not alcohol and nitro like most of the other saws in the show. The chain I built was the one used in Morton, Washington the last two years.

I also built a Poulan 655 6 cube that was run at Paul’s show. It got 3rd place. Both saws look the same except for the names on them. It also ran on gasoline and, of course, was beat by alcohol and nitro saws. I also believe that alcohol and nitro should only be used in the hot saw class where anything goes. The other two classes (5 cube and 6 cube) should be production models with modifications. There are no production models sold that use alcohol and nitro. This results in an unfair advantage to those who only like to participate in several local shows and have a life other than chainsaws.

Anyone who wants to check the piston size on either of my saws can put up $50.00. If they find that the P52 piston diameter is larger than 2.062 in. (52.4 mm) or the piston in the 655 is larger than 2.25 in. (57.1 mm) they will get their $50.00 back otherwise I keep it.

I will not be using the big belly bar on the 090 any more. I have designed a new, faster chain for that. I will be using a new salmon belly bar with a flush roller that won’t hinder its cutting ability by putting a drag on the tip. I’m Dunn with the Mall rollers and will sell them or trade most of them for something of value.

Art Martin

Back