Dancing With the Devil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah another shot up in the mountains. This is where I got to play logger for the day. If John and Dennis didn't BS all morning and stopped playing with the computer we would have been out of the house at dawn.

John snapped this one, I took such a verbal beating due to that pecker bill setup I have since tossed it in the garbage. I hopped on Ebay and grabbed a McDonalds west coast Fallers full brim. HA

Limpys again tossing some chips as Dennis Barks out the orders. There's alot riding on the wedges dropping these trees. Just trying to determine when the tree is about to go requires a wedge. As you are cutting your watching the wedge to break free from the backcut.

It's hard to get good help over the internet on falling big wood. I'll do my best to coach anyone here. But remember I spend 99% on pavement.

Limpy displayed some wonderful northern felling here. I have to add "And why wouldn't he" I have tons more pics that I will post, one of the cool things is when I tell the people I meet on the job. They are amazed I even entertained something like this.

If any of you lurkers want to play logger for a day I say "do it" From what I understand John and I got a deal 250usd a tree. Since are advertising campaign has started there priced 450 plus exspenses.

120 sachs dolmar

Hope you sachs dalmar guys like this clip. I fell with the sachs for afew years . and it was a good saw ...

Last edited:
120 sachs dolmar

The tree in these clips is a second growth redwood 200ft tall

Last edited:
I have a sachs 116 sitting in the basement that has alittle done to it , when ever Gypo gets up here i can pull it out and see how it runs

Steve here... here is a spy video of Tommy makin' sure Gyro logger didn't foock up his saw... remember this is one of his slower saws, that he runs on tractor fuel, like I run in my old John Deere...

yes i do have sum clips of the 7900. making a few cuts. i will put them on. when i get home iam at my fathers now...

ehp,

Dennis builds his own race bars from new and used bars. He has a machine called The Bar Shop. Why? do you need him to build you one of those big belly bars? LOL

Back