Dang lucky i am

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgra

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
yesterday i was getting ready to tune my freshly broken in saw i fired it up then i let it warm up for 5 minutes and proceeded to cut . i made my first cut using the full 20" bar to tear thru a hard oak. then it happened -____- i pulled the saw out of the cut and it had a extremeley consistant idle and i thought oh sh*t thats to consistant and shut it off and slowly pulled it over and i noticed it had a huge loss of compression . i took it back to the house after setting it to a rich idle and barely being able to get it to refire . i shut it off and was thinking wat i could do to save it and i crunk it back up noticing the compression was coming back?????????????????? :msp_ohmy: so i let it idle for a while and noticed the comp wasnt fully returning so i grabbed a can of sea foam ( desprate at this point) i poured double the amout of wat should of gone in it and i primed it to insure that the seafoam would mix and get to the carb. so i let it idle and idle and idle. by the grace of got it went from having 100# when it lost compression to 155#. this is no joke i lllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee seafoam now.

ps the saw came with 135# right out of the box
i am a very very lucky guy

I am a very lucky kid trust me . As soon as I get access to my tool box the muffler I coming off and I'm gonna figure put Wat the he'll happened. :msp_angry:

Yes I was describing the cs the idle didn't have the load up that u get from all two strokes it hit like a four stroke. It's kinda like a indicator that it is scoring or is already scored

Im lost as far as Wat blsnelling doesn't understand and all? Explain if u can.

Yes I was describing the cs the idle didn't have the load up that u get from all two strokes it hit like a four stroke. It's kinda like a indicator that it is scoring or is already scored

Im lost as far as Wat blsnelling doesn't understand and all? Explain if u can.

blsnelling can speak for himself, but from my point of view...

Your stream of conciousness/one massive paragraph writing style, lack of facts (what saw for example), assumptions about the readers knowledge (too consistent? what does that mean?), all add up to a post that is hard to decode.

HF

I can not awnser for any one but,

no way dumping sea foam down the cylender is going to "FIX" a saw you burn up or what the heck ever you did to it:dizzy:

I decoded it........... the jokes on us.....................is this dh1984 in disguise?:msp_w00t:

When did u check compression on the saw when u thought it lost it? Was the saw still warm/hot? I cannot see the compression coming back up that much, however if it was warm/hot when you checked it and got the low reading then the cylinder cooled down it could change.

Let’s see if I have this correct…
  1. You made a cut and noticed the idle was too consistent(?), so you shut the saw down.
  2. You pulled the rope and noticed a “huge” loss of compression.
  3. You set the idle so rich you can barely get it to re-fire, so you shut the saw down again.
  4. You crank it back up, and notice the compression is returning(?).
  5. You let it idle for awhile, and as it’s idling you somehow conclude compression hasn’t fully returned(?).
  6. You pour in Sea Foam and compression went from 100# to 155#.
  7. And when you get access to your toolbox you’re gonna’ pull the muffler to figure out what happened.

Sorry man, I’m totally confused.
When was it that you pulled the plug and screwed in the compression gauge the three different times? (Ya’ know… once at 100#, once to know compression hadn’t fully returned, and once at 155#?)
You don’t keep your plug wrench and compression gauge in the toolbox?
If Sea Foam repaired a 55 PSI compression deficit what do you expect to find by pulling the muffler (it’s now repaired, remember)?

Oh my, now I’ve confused myself.

Calling Thomas1 !!!!

Hey Thomas1, I think Mastermindude left the cage unlocked again..................

He's Back !!!

Maybe he meant that it sounded a little lean. Who knows. I'd like to know how he got a scored saw to idle. Maybe I need to get some sea-foam for the couple dozen scored projects I have here. I wonder if it works on rusty crank bearings too?

I was out mowing a couple lawns today, and my mower s&%t the bed.

Then on the way home, I saw a really nice buck.

I love Seafoam too!!!!!

Latest posts

Back