Dangerous Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the guys who preach about buckets being for girls! those who would rather break ribs & fall...............I love those types! lessens the competition for me & the word of mouth in regards to their stupidity is priceless.

I even love hearing the "if dangerous tress scare you" talk!!! LOL, when I hear someone talk about not being scared in a danger tree & that its all skill...... You are full of crap #1 if your not scared but have controll over it you are an idiot! #2 skill & stupidity walk a fine line as does good & Lucky!! you will get away with things for along time!!! but when you have to pay the ferry man his toll..........Good & Luck wont cover it while the skill you think you have will leave you hurt/killed & viewed as Stupid

Be safe & Take care......there is nothing Macho about dead!!

LXT....................

I love the guys who preach about buckets being for girls! those who would rather break ribs & fall...............I love those types! lessens the competition for me & the word of mouth in regards to their stupidity is priceless.

I even love hearing the "if dangerous tress scare you" talk!!! LOL, when I hear someone talk about not being scared in a danger tree & that its all skill...... You are full of crap #1 if your not scared but have controll over it you are an idiot! #2 skill & stupidity walk a fine line as does good & Lucky!! you will get away with things for along time!!! but when you have to pay the ferry man his toll..........Good & Luck wont cover it while the skill you think you have will leave you hurt/killed & viewed as Stupid

LXT....................

bucket baby:poke: I disagree and agree. I would think skill can offset the dangers. Not macho to probe roots check for conks etc. just my opinion. ummmmmm hummmmmmm

LXT....................

danger trees are just like everything else in this world, do enough of them over the years and you learn what's ok and what isn't ok to climb.....

because I'll do something that others can't or won't that makes me an idiot, I don't think it does, I think it shows my experience better.....I've never been scared while in a tree but once but after I got that copperhead snake out of his hole and on the ground I was fine....

Skill cannot offset danger!!! if danger is there.....its dangerous, Ive seen too many guys blow up there chest (including me) to do something to impress, if that makes you skilled...........you are sadly mistaken!! it just makes you a showboat & sooner or later you will pay the Ferry Man!!

C`mon Rf.....My team & i do things others cant or wont all the time.....thats skill & experience, But to say you have never been scared in a tree or tree(s).... you must be working off orchard ladders?? cuz my man I will gauran dam well tee you come to my neck of the woods & do some of the work I do.....You will be scared you`ll get it done no doubt!!! but your palms will shake.

I love the guys who say Im not scared, Ill climb any tree, anywhere, anytime....! why, when I meet those who say such/or interview, hire and watch them.......I just laugh, awe....having a bad day? ok, we`ll tmrw`s a new day...............tmrw comes & same old, same old.......then my top guy or I get to go up & finish what supertrimmer couldnt!

does it make you an idiot???? not if you finish the job safely without destroying person or property......but when its dangerous & you puff your chest up...drop the lead in grannys tulip garden smashing her landscape figurines & flowers................cuz thats the only thing you could do, then yes you are an Idiot!!!!!!!!

LXT.........................

Skill cannot offset danger!!! if danger is there.....its dangerous, Ive seen too many guys blow up there chest (including me) to do something to impress, if that makes you skilled...........you are sadly mistaken!! it just makes you a showboat & sooner or later you will pay the Ferry Man!!

C`mon Rf.....My team & i do things others cant or wont all the time.....thats skill & experience, But to say you have never been scared in a tree or tree(s).... you must be working off orchard ladders?? cuz my man I will gauran dam well tee you come to my neck of the woods & do some of the work I do.....You will be scared you`ll get it done no doubt!!! but your palms will shake.

I love the guys who say Im not scared, Ill climb any tree, anywhere, anytime....! why, when I meet those who say such/or interview, hire and watch them.......I just laugh, awe....having a bad day? ok, we`ll tmrw`s a new day...............tmrw comes & same old, same old.......then my top guy or I get to go up & finish what supertrimmer couldnt!

does it make you an idiot???? not if you finish the job safely without destroying person or property......but when its dangerous & you puff your chest up...drop the lead in grannys tulip garden smashing her landscape figurines & flowers................cuz thats the only thing you could do, then yes you are an Idiot!!!!!!!!

Lmfao I was not impressed your area seemed to look like shrubs compared to here bro lol.

I still disagree skill and ability to assess danger and place safeguards in place has kept me injury free 27 years and 13 doing nothing but dead danger trees near power. I will say there is still danger but it is mitigated through education,training and careful analysis of the site. I have never seen chest beating overcome any danger.

I guess our meanings of "scared" are two different things then......

as for the tulip garden, there's ways to get it done without destroying anything, even if you have to drop the dead lead.......

as far as "some of the work you do" I did line clearance for 18 years and was the go to guy for stuff everyone else ran from, even other companies would contract my crew for work cause their guys pissed their pants when they saw the job...

Last edited:
let me guess? you both run husky saws?

that explains it, all that un burnt 2 stroke fuel causing a form of halucination!

Ropes......c`mon, AK with big trees........I drove through there several times, just a bunch of Illegals trimming rose bushes...LMFAO PA & OH are very similar in tree species if not the same.....ask treevet how many bushes we trim up here??

Well its safe to say we can agree to disagree, Rf, my team & I also did/do line work also......same scenario as you! Here, my team and I are the measuring stick & thats is an honest fact!! BUT....assessing danger is different than engaging in dangerous work!

to both of you I wish nothing but the best, but.....I have seen many experienced guys(far more than either of you & myself) get bitten & bad!

you mentioned chest thumping ropes.........many a tree guy has put commonsense on hold in this trade to get r done!! dont worry my 27 yr injury free friend............yours is usually the worse case.....where an injury would be welcome!!

be careful, be safe & he watch over you!!

LXT...............

that explains it, all that un burnt 2 stroke fuel causing a form of halucination!

Ropes......c`mon, AK with big trees........I drove through there several times, just a bunch of Illegals trimming rose bushes...LMFAO PA & OH are very similar in tree species if not the same.....ask treevet how many bushes we trim up here??

Well its safe to say we can agree to disagree, Rf, my team & I also did/do line work also......same scenario as you! Here, my team and I are the measuring stick & thats is an honest fact!! BUT....assessing danger is different than engaging in dangerous work!

to both of you I wish nothing but the best, but.....I have seen many experienced guys(far more than either of you & myself) get bitten & bad!

you mentioned chest thumping ropes.........many a tree guy has put commonsense on hold in this trade to get r done!! dont worry my 27 yr injury free friend............yours is usually the worse case.....where an injury would be welcome!!

LXT...............
Hell no, I use them badass Poulan Wild Things....

LXT...............

Feller first I live in the forests of Arkansas not Alaska. Arkansas trees tower over most of the trees I seen in your neck of the bushes. We have longer growing seasons combined with tall southern Pine forests and huge black gum and tulip poplar, London plane etc. I drove in part of your state and the part I saw did not have tall timber. I am sure there may be sections that do but I did not see em ummmmmm hummmmmmmmmm.

Now what you mean about welcome injury:dizzy: Btw I am always careful and don't beat my chest unless my heart ain't ticking lol. The bottom line still is education ,experience,and equipment can mitigate danger it has consistently for me for years and I don't plan to let my guard down now.

Feller first I live in the forests of Arkansas not Alaska. Arkansas trees tower over most of the trees I seen in your neck of the bushes. We have longer growing seasons combined with tall southern Pine forests and huge black gum and tulip poplar, London plane etc. I drove in part of your state and the part I saw did not have tall timber. I am sure there may be sections that do but I did not see em ummmmmm hummmmmmmmmm.

Now what you mean about welcome injury:dizzy: Btw I am always careful and don't beat my chest unless my heart ain't ticking lol. The bottom line still is education ,experience,and equipment can mitigate danger it has consistently for me for years and I don't plan to let my guard down now.

LMFAO........Ropes, didnt mean to give you credit by saying you live in Alaska, Ppppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee your trees tower.. over what? the double wide on the prarie, you better look at some forests up here in the north, ala: Allegheny National Forest/ Cooks Forest. that list of trees you provided did not look impressive to me........hell, I pass stool bigger than those saplings!

Secondly, I dont know if the illegals are supplying you with bad "red hair" or if you are trying to re-enact the role for slingblabe :laugh: maybe you have your terminology tables backwards??? I think your macropores have been compacted along with emilio & hector advancing in phototropism by growing out your bottom end :laugh:

What I meant about welcoming injury...........? is plainly this! all the "I think" im a badazzes I know/knew were injured to a point of no return!!! Ive seen many who think their (skill, experience, education, etc...) was so good that they just couldnt do wrong........ummmmmmm hummmmm, Well, they either lost a hand, got electrocuted, crushed & maimed foot, broken back, cut very bad, etc.... But hell Billy Bob.......all those years you got, it just couldnt happen to you???? most of the guys with what I mentioned above.......wish they only got hurt!! Im thinking especially the ones who died!

God be with you & may you always be safe, but nature doesnt care about what skills you have (her squirrels have more) or education!! all im saying is....she`ll let you know!!

RF...... LOL, "wildthing" that was good!!!

LXT...................

LMFAO........Ropes, didnt mean to give you credit by saying you live in Alaska, Ppppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee your trees tower.. over what? the double wide on the prarie, you better look at some forests up here in the north, ala: Allegheny National Forest/ Cooks Forest. that list of trees you provided did not look impressive to me........hell, I pass stool bigger than those saplings!

Secondly, I dont know if the illegals are supplying you with bad "red hair" or if you are trying to re-enact the role for slingblabe :laugh: maybe you have your terminology tables backwards??? I think your macropores have been compacted along with emilio & hector advancing in phototropism by growing out your bottom end :laugh:

What I meant about welcoming injury...........? is plainly this! all the "I think" im a badazzes I know/knew were injured to a point of no return!!! Ive seen many who think their (skill, experience, education, etc...) was so good that they just couldnt do wrong........ummmmmmm hummmmm, Well, they either lost a hand, got electrocuted, crushed & maimed foot, broken back, cut very bad, etc.... But hell Billy Bob.......all those years you got, it just couldnt happen to you???? most of the guys with what I mentioned above.......wish they only got hurt!! Im thinking especially the ones who died!

God be with you & may you always be safe, but nature doesnt care about what skills you have (her squirrels have more) or education!! all im saying is....she`ll let you know!!

RF...... LOL, "wildthing" that was good!!!

LXT...................

Well well your state does not provide the info our does. I did however notice many of the US records are under ours so I guess we need to start submitting our champion trees into the registry! For instance the cedar Elm at 144 foot beats the US record by 34 feet. Any way lexie if you pass stools that large your a bigger ass than I expected. I sorta see now your jethro bodine way of looking at the bad ass thing and yes; I too have seen several that have died or been maimed. I see them on here as well, The only thing seemingly important to many is; how much time it took to get down and those types are usually the ones ending up needing er services! Remember all the time comments about the tree I had growing out of the roof , the one by three phase, the one they would have to have a crane on:rolleyes: Lexie baby, I would like to see you poop that 13 plus foot diameter bald Cyprus just west of the Mississippi. I will take pics if your ready to back up your post:poke:

Last edited:
That one ugly old piece, that fer sure! :laugh:

I bet it looks pretty cool when its leafed out though..

I may visit it again but them cottonmouths are so thick where it is; hard to walk in summer.
We have too many tornado's for trees to reach full potential if you look that one had the top blown out!

I don't think I heard anything about the preservation of the specimen. Deadwooding, bracing or perhaps cavity fill.

That tree is in the white river wilds and is pretty much off limits for power tools. I suppose our leaders are not too concerned with one tree as we are two thirds or better forests.

Here is just some of the critters there:jawdrop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxYyOgW0u_4

Last edited:
since ya'll talking about the size of your wood, here's one of our trees, it's located on private property that I did some other tree work on, where the guy has his hand at the tree is 6' 9" diameter, he was holding the end of the string we used to measure the circumference to figure the dia...

since ya'll talking about the size of your wood, here's one of our trees, it's located on private property that I did some other tree work on, where the guy has his hand at the tree is 6' 9" diameter, he was holding the end of the string we used to measure the circumference to figure the dia...

Cool! Hey, wouldn't a DBH tape be useful? I got a couple of them if you need one.
:laugh:
Jeff, just messing with ya, :D

Latest posts

Back