Darn it! I must do this nine times out of ten!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about it, just pour the oil in and cap it off. if it overflows no big deal.start the saw and get back to work. After a few seconds it will be rubbed off anyway. At the end of the day if you ain't got oil all over the tailgate you ain't worked fast enough.

Don't worry about it, just pour the oil in and cap it off. if it overflows no big deal.start the saw and get back to work. After a few seconds it will be rubbed off anyway. At the end of the day if you ain't got oil all over the tailgate you ain't worked fast enough.

Yeah, this coming from a guy who bought an ELECTRIC saw! :laugh:

Really, I think I might try some of the syrup bottle things. Who knows? Maybe I'll invent a device that perfectly solves the problem, and get rich enough to have someone do all my firewood work for me. On second thought, I'll do the firewood work, and they can do everything else.

The other method is to fill up the saw and forget to screw the caps on tight and then wonder why your pants leg is all full of bar oil and gas mix.:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Did this twice already this year. I remember doing this about 25 years ago when I actually cut for a living. Mid summer, hot, hot, day. I fill the saw, pick it up and lay it on my lap with the gas cap off. Gas mixed with open sweat pores!! Right on the nads! Guy driving the skidder came back to find me teabagging in the brook.
Thanks for the memories!
Dan.

I use dish soap bottles. The little pour spout meters it in slowly if you have lots of patience. Even with the cap off the bottle it pours slower than the gallon oil jug so I've cut down on my overfilling since I made the switch.

I don't cut through a full tank of gas without some kind of break so it's not necessary for me to have the oil completely topped off.

Now if I can just quit overfilling the soap bottle every time I refill it I'll have this oil spill thing whipped.

Yeah, this coming from a guy who bought an ELECTRIC saw! :laugh:

Really, I think I might try some of the syrup bottle things. Who knows? Maybe I'll invent a device that perfectly solves the problem, and get rich enough to have someone do all my firewood work for me. On second thought, I'll do the firewood work, and they can do everything else.
LOL, Bet i overfill it too.

Guy driving the skidder came back to find me teabagging in the brook.

A guy I worked with came back to find me teabagging in a brook also... I didn't spill gas on myself though. :)

Did this twice already this year. I remember doing this about 25 years ago when I actually cut for a living. Mid summer, hot, hot, day. I fill the saw, pick it up and lay it on my lap with the gas cap off. Gas mixed with open sweat pores!! Right on the nads! Guy driving the skidder came back to find me teabagging in the brook.
Thanks for the memories!
Dan.

I volunteered as a medic for the Vintage MX days at Washougal MX park earlier this year. Noticed a guy across the track who abruptly stopped and got off his bike. He pushed it a short distance then dropped it and continued towards the pits without it. Soon he was running but stopped to lean up against the fence. I decided I should probably head over and see what was going on so I grabbed a radio and took a walk in that direction. As I got closer I saw he had a garden hose down his pants and a real look of agony on his face. When I was close enough I asked what was going on he tells me his gas cap had come off and doused the "jewels" with race gas. He was begging, "do you have anything you can put on it?" I said "NOT ME, just keep doing what your doing and get into some unfueled shorts asap!"

Kinda funny but oh man was he hurting! :check:

StihltheOne
I take my handy Tide laundry 128oz jug with the dispensor valve thingy on it
i've heard a few people say that they use these. i think i'm going to try tomorrow.

Seriously, I just tilt the saw and let the excess run onto the bar. But I do get all my oil free too so Whatever.

Seriously, I just tilt the saw and let the excess run onto the bar. .
Ditto. Good for the chain. By the end of the day its all rubbed off any-hoo. Do the same thing with the gas sometimes. Its a saw, suppossed to look like its been working. And yeah, the oil on the tailgate does run down onto the bumper. Oil on the bumper and wood chips in the back of the truck, sign of cutting wood!

Do mexicans drink tequila?

...BTW: are there trees in Denmark ?:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

:spam:

Do they have sand in Sahara, lakes in Finland and a big red rock in Australia!?

Just to satisfy my curiosity how do you imagine it looks like over here? :cheers:

no link

Anybody got a link to the Stihl dual fuel/bar oil can? I've been all over the Stihl site and can't find it in any of the accessories.

Don't know if it is available in the US but the product code for the transparent one is 0000 881 0123 - I can't find the code for the orange one.

It is available at ebay.UK for 45$ but shipping might be a bit expensive.... I know it is from the US to here at least.

Latest posts

Back