David Bradley fuel cap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNMIKE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a fuel cap for an old gear drive David Bradley chainsaw. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? THANKS

Hey, believe it or not, I think I have one of those! I got one of those monsters from my grandpa and some years later I came across one for parts. It will be a couple of days before I can get to it though. At the time that was the biggest chainsaw I had ever seen, it uses 1" chain.

Great

There is no great hurry..when you get a chance shoot me a message. My cap is pretty standard for the models..its got a serrated edge to grip it and a fine thread.

My DB has the huge chain as well..its also got the original DB bar....its a beast.

Ill gladly pay the cost to ship it and whatever you think its worth...thanks

MIKE

Mike,
How long is the bar on your DB? I believe mine is an original also. Does yours run? Mine runs but I really haven't used it much, it's REAL loud and HEAVY! I haven't heard of any other units other than the two that I have, I really don't know much about them, if you know any history or anything else let me know.

As far as the cap, my saws are at my dads house and he lives quite a ways away, as soon as I'll get over there I'll snag it for you. I'll get your address then, you can have it, I don't believe I'll ever need it.

DB bar

Both of my David Bradleys run. The bars are 20 inches ...They are loud..and heavy. The loudest chainsaw Ive ever run with a muffler. They sound like a drag car...

Thanks

I didnt read down before I replied..thanks for the cap. When you get it send me a note...One of my caps was missing and replaced with a pipe plug.

If you go to the chainsaw collectors site there is a fair amount of info on these saws. If you need a link let me know.

Back