Oil cap for Stihl 032 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement oil cap for my 032 AV? Apparently there are a a couple of versions of the 032 AV, mine is a side oil fill, thread diameter ~25mm. A couple of pix to assist attached. Any help appreciated! CheersIMG_3339.jpgIMG_3348.jpg

It is amazing how many of these caps for the 032 and lots of other Stihl models still exist. They get ruined by operators using small screw drivers to tighten and untighten them. Often the caps crack and split. My solution was to make a special tool for them in my shop, and I still use it:
1705967233690.jpeg I call it my cap twister:
1705967274363.jpeg
Not sure why this tool was never offered by Stihl. Eventually Stihl replaced the cap's design, but the new flippy caps don't work at all with the older saws.

Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement oil cap for my 032 AV? Apparently there are a a couple of versions of the 032 AV, mine is a side oil fill, thread diameter ~25mm. A couple of pix to assist attached. Any help appreciated! CheersView attachment 1146554
So what is wrong with your existing cap? Is it busted or just leak?

Busted. The knearled grip on the filler cap split years ago, I just snap it back on, that's not the problem. The problem is the moulded flange that's part of the filler cap that the sealing ring pushes against is busted and half gone, so leaks.
Pix in last post don't really show the problem, they were more for the cap type. See attached pixs. Saw has been owned since new and used regularly, and always kept in good nick, tho could now do with a new Fan Housing.

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
    IMG_3350.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3352.jpg
    IMG_3352.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Busted. The knearled grip on the filler cap split years ago, I just snap it back on, that's not the problem. The problem is the moulded flange that's part of the filler cap that the sealing ring pushes against is busted and half gone, so leaks.
Pix in last post don't really show the problem, they were more for the cap type. See attached pixs. Saw has been owned since new and used regularly, and always kept in good nick, tho could now do with a new Fan Housing.
I was going to say that if it was just leaking that new o-rings are available from Stihl for little $.

Back