deal or no deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfcaster1866

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Guys need your advice. I just came back from Lowe's Patchougue Suffolk County NY store. It's located out on the eastern part of Long Island.

There is a Husky 350 for sale "as is" for $200. From what I could tell it's never been used. There was an odor of fuel coming from the tank. But I 'm not sure if that was form the factory test. It's Just scratched up from the display case. Should I buy it? I was wondering if the piston,rings and, cylinder could be damaged from people pulling it with no fuel mix in the tank. Bailey's has it for $309.

as usual I had to ask 4 different people for help. Nothing like going to your local dealer.

Last edited:
take some new gas and try to start it--if it runs, buy it. I've got the 353 and its treated me well.

The only problem with buying a saw from Lowe's is that if you end up needing warranty work on it,they can't do it...And another dealer will not want to do it because you didn't buy it from them...I'd find a dealer and spend the extra money just to have dealer support

I bought a husky 359 from Lowe's for $250. This saw was used and returned.
It had a sticker on it from a saw shop about 35 miles away. So I called them from the store, and got good feedback they will stand behind their work, When I asked about a wrench and manual, they gave me the bag off the display saw. There was a warranty card in the bag and I registered it on line. I have about 20 hours on that saw no problems so far.

The only problem with buying a saw from Lowe's is that if you end up needing warranty work on it,they can't do it...And another dealer will not want to do it because you didn't buy it from them...I'd find a dealer and spend the extra money just to have dealer support

Agreed. Lowe's will tell you to take it to an dealer, or they will send it off and you'll wait forever. Most dealers (including us) will eventually work on it but you'll ALWAYS be at the back of the pile for any work warranty or not. On a new unused unit we are always the same price as lowe's anyways. No one should buy a saw, trimmer, or any ope from lowe's period in my opinion!

Why would any business turn away money. They make more money on repairs than they do off selling the saw.

Latest posts

Back