"Dealer Support"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two main dealers for here are an hour away so they need to have parts stocked and they do. They are in kind of a regional hub location. When I got water in the Barbie Saw's system, they worked on it and had it fixed in a couple of hours because they knew where I lived. I'll keep buying equipment from those guys.

My favorite has a popcorn maker and a nice bathroom. They have coffee and sometimes donuts. They give Stihl candy to the munchkins The other place (The Candystore for Guys) has benches around a woodstove and coffee. I don't know about their bathroom.

Hey you! Good to see that you made parole. Did they ever clear up that deal where you had the alpaca dressed up to resemble Angelina Jolie? And you wearing that pink tutu...too much, man. And those ballet slippers....what a daring fashion statement that was.

It was all a misunderstanding. I had to pay a fine and attend alpaca sensitivity training. It wasn't all that bad, the judge sent me to this sweet place where I got to wear a helmet all day and the walls were padded. And for the tutu.....well it just breathes better than pants.

I believe dealer support is important, too. Firstly, I can get to any of three local saw shops faster than a big box store. Also, if you need an answer, they may just be quicker with the info than a search on here.

As far as the rest of the saw owners out there go, most of them don't know and don't care to know how the saw works or how to repair it. I see the same thing in my field. I carry a gun everyday, and I'm quite familiar with the workings and intricacies of it and many other guns. However, many of my colleagues do not have this understanding. If something's wrong, they just want someone to fix it. They don't care about guide rods and mainspring housings.

Anywho, if it weren't for dealers and people like us plugging for them, there'd be a lot of weekend warrior types that just buy a new saw every other year.

Last edited:
It was all a misunderstanding. I had to pay a fine and attend alpaca sensitivity training. It wasn't all that bad, the judge sent me to this sweet place where I got to wear a helmet all day and the walls were padded. And for the tutu.....well it just breathes better than pants.

Okay...that clears everything up. LOLOLOLOL

+1

If you're just cutting firewood, can do some of your own work and you can wait for parts dealer support isn't critical.

But if you're making your living with a saw it's often the only thing that keeps you going. If my saws don't work, I don't work...simple as that. I have a favorite saw shop that will get me any part I need and if it's not in stock they'll rob one off of a shelf saw. There have been times when I was coming down the hill too late to pick up parts and they'd leave the parts out for me. They do that for quite a few of the local fallers and logging outfits.

They also have a good woodstove for winter-time choir practice, fresh coffee 'til at least noon, and every so often a box of donuts shows up. That's dealer support.

We get the same service here,,, everone we deal/work with pretty much the same,,, always have more than one saw,,,, Strange things can happen in tha bush!!! gotta have the back ups ready and havin a place to get the parts an get back on location by dinner is way cool,,, So I can see how a casual firewood cutter wouldnt understand,,,, Good post Google-logit!!!

Last edited:
My best dealer is an hour away, that's not very far around here. I've not needed much, but they stock parts, a lot of parts! And like I've said before, their prices are better than online prices. I do support local businesses whenever I can...

My Dealer is a 100% Gem, if i order parts i do it over the phone and when they arrive he is ringing me to tell they are available to collect, usually within 3 days of ordering and with a 10% discount. A while back was thinking of buying the blower combi attachment but not really able to afford it i passed saying "when things pick up i will have it" He popped in the back and came out with a bust up ms170 and a good looking 021 that wanted work and said give me £20 for these, part them out and come back and get the sweeper. Thats exactly what i did. THe other reason i use this dealer is, just down the road there is a pub that does the most amazing home made cheese burgers you have ever tasted. ;)

Weekend warriors around here buy a saw from a big box store on Friday after work and return it on Monday morning, broken or not running. That way the have all the dealer support they need and a new saw every weekend.
Pioneerguy600

Frankly I'm surprised that the big box stores don't stop taking back saws and other 2 cycle stuff that has been run.

If it's new unopened or not gassed, fine. But if it's been run, to bad so sad.

All of my local dealers except one stinks royally! The one dealer that doesn't stink only works business to business. The dealer gave a few muffler bolts for free. I gave the shop a few cases of soda for the muffler bolts. Even trade if you ask me!

I keep a lot of extra parts around for all my modern saws or have another of the same type of saw to pilfer parts from or use. Baileys and Partstree gets all my business.

I am really envious of you guys that have great dealers local to you!

My .02

Mike

Dealer support:

Broke the tension adjuster on my 034 last winter, went 5 miles to town, they had the part, but was busy, I installed it myself on their bench with their tools. Was back to sawing in 20 minutes.

Broke the chain sprocket cover this year, wife was in town and picked it up, back to sawing that afternoon.

Brake handle screw worked loose and was lost, along with one of the dog bolts, took it up there and they replaced both at no charge when I picked up a couple of chains that they had sharpened.

This saw was purchased from that dealer 26 years ago per their recommendation, and it was a good purchase.

Back