decent drvice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P_woozel

P_woozel

ArboristSite Guru
I'll try to remember the name some of the guys I did high rises with used them, Its a great brake tube for super long rappels. The device is spring loaded, and to descend you have to pull down on the tube. Not much application for tree work but if you got a good price keep it around.

hobby climber

hobby climber

ArboristSite Guru
Its used mainly by window washers, it attaches the platform (board/seat), that they sit on & to their suspension line. (Rope lines only). My two cents anyway. HC

Last edited:
P_woozel

P_woozel

ArboristSite Guru
You mean sit on, its called a Bosun's chair. Not all lines work with it. No three strand, kernmantle is fine. The company that produces that device has their own line for it looks like a nylon double braid, very bouncy.

John Stewart

John Stewart

ArboristSite Guru
Originally posted by hobby climber
Its used mainly by window washers, it attaches the platform that they stand on to their suspension line. (Rope lines only). My two cents anyway. HC

Hey Hobby
How's tricks!:)
I talked to a window dude one day as he was touching down. He had a descender like that!
We had a good chat, those window boy's are kind of like long lost cousins eh!
Later
John

Curtis James

Curtis James

ArboristSite Operative
I'm not sure if it is my uncle dusty that gave it to me but I have one of those rope cable clamps. I thought they used it in iron working or utility. I have it sitting in the pile of stuff that I have and don't use. I know Ebay right?