Decent saw ~ or under 150.00 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ryobi is mod. # ry10532. I have seen factory refurbs going for 99.99 - 129.00. I bet the only the only thing they were returned for was bogging on horizontal cuts. This is caused by the fuel line in the tank being too stiff to allow it to fall to the lowest point in the tank. The other cause would be the most common for all saws, would be straight gas run in it, which means a new piston and cyl.

Google "Ryobi 18" gas chain saw", you will find a bunch of refurbs.

I don't think the Home Depot's on the East Cdast sell the Ryobi saws. They cleared out the Echo's for the most part and replaced them with those Homelites. Those things feal like there going to fall apart while sitting on the shelf.

You could always go the Craftsman rental route. Buy it take it home cut with it till the chain gets lose and take it back as defective.

ok dropped off my trusty poulan to Ace, guy has the diaphragm and a new carb if thats it.. for $20 he'll tear down and let me know... next week...cool.

went to another HD... saw the Ryobi 40CC for clearance $119.00, in the box could not see it. Had to grab it, wanted to see it, and figured i can return it or ebay it if i have too... hell- 2yr warentyy for 120.00 saw, if it craps out in 3 yrs so be it. havent even opened it up..... also saw the echo cs-306.. nice saw, but too small, I know its a good saw, but I'd feel like i was going backwards. anything larger is to rich for me.

as for that used stihl... for my primary saw i'd prefer new.. as an extra saw i would consider used though. thinks for the link

you guys rule thanks

ok dropped off my trusty poulan to Ace, guy has the diaphragm and a new carb if thats it.. for $20 he'll tear down and let me know... next week...cool.

went to another HD... saw the Ryobi 40CC for clearance $119.00, in the box could not see it. Had to grab it, wanted to see it, and figured i can return it or ebay it if i have too... hell- 2yr warentyy for 120.00 saw, if it craps out in 3 yrs so be it. havent even opened it up..... also saw the echo cs-306.. nice saw, but too small, I know its a good saw, but I'd feel like i was going backwards. anything larger is to rich for me.

as for that used stihl... for my primary saw i'd prefer new.. as an extra saw i would consider used though. thinks for the link

you guys rule thanks

You relize that is about a 500 dollar pro saw right? That used saw even if wore out will walk, er run circles around anything box store 150 dollar saw, and still last longer. Stihl builds there pro saws to last 2000 hours before a rebuild.....throwaways are about 50-100 hours.....

Buy the 026, take it to the dealer to have it checked out and run it. If it comes back from the dealer with problems, put it on ebay and double your money!

You relize that is about a 500 dollar pro saw right? That used saw even if wore out will walk, er run circles around anything box store 150 dollar saw, and still last longer. Stihl builds there pro saws to last 2000 hours before a rebuild.....throwaways are about 50-100 hours.....

Buy the 026, take it to the dealer to have it checked out and run it. If it comes back from the dealer with problems, put it on ebay and double your money!

yes man, i do realize... and would run if it were for another saw...not now though. for 120 bucks i got a new saw with a 2yr warrenty that i can replace with an instant trip to HD..... some time from now when i can save more $ i'd love to get a second saw.. save for a good Stihl. yea i may be missing a good deal, that probably by the time i got there would be 'well it ran last i started. dont know why it dont now"
maybe i'll call on the 026 anywhy.. its not that far to go see.

you guys rule thanks

Did you ever check to see if the primer bulb is pumping fuel?

Did you ever check to see if the primer bulb is pumping fuel?

nope, thats my issue. bulb wont fill.
checked the lines, changed the filter.. checked and then ruined the diaph. doh!
the guy had parts, i'm done "futsing" around with it. for $20 he'll tell me whats up and repalce the diaphram.

I called on the 026- sold. that was from FEB.
opened the box on the ryobi/redmax its a real nice saw, light weight not as much a POS as the new poulans. is this STRATO tech that cool?
saw seems liek a steal at the price.

Great, you got a hell of a deal on that saw. The Strato-charge makes it run cleaner, cooler and more power-fuel economy. It keeps the engine from spitting unburned fuel out the exhaust by shooting a charge of fresh air in between exhaust and intake stroke. I think you will like it a lot, a very light and powerull saw. You can use your 16" Poulan bar and chain on it also.

150.00 saw

I just found a stihl 026 pro at my local pond shop, it started on the second pull. its a good looking well taken care of and I got the guy down to 155.00 tax included out the door. I know it not a new saw but I would'nt trade it for 2 new cheap saws. something to think about, a good used Quality saw would last a long time if taken care of. good luck Rick.

Latest posts

Back