Decent source for AM piston/cylinder kits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likewise for my country, shipping costs and parts are exorbitantly expensive and sometimes parts are cheaper from China, would I put OEM parts on a saw?, every single time but the costs to do so generally are prohibitively expensive, my local Stihl dealer wanted to charge me $50USD for two seals for a Stihl 044.
Thank God for my Stihl dealer. I just bought a 10 mm piston 4 $60 noticed on eBay they were 95

Likewise for my country, shipping costs and parts are exorbitantly expensive and sometimes parts are cheaper from China, would I put OEM parts on a saw?, every single time but the costs to do so generally are prohibitively expensive, my local Stihl dealer wanted to charge me $50USD for two seals for a Stihl 044.
Seals come in the gasket set and cheaper than seals alone.
Don't worry I'm sure one of the OEM or bust crowd will send you a OEM cylinder and piston for free...... 🤣
Hard to find for 024, as 024S and 026/260 are different strokes

When I looked last week, the cheapest one on ebay was $65. Add another $65 for a meter piston kit, and that put me in the $130 range which was more than I was willing to spend on a "disposable" set of parts that I may very well end up destroying. At $35, I'll give it a shot. I'll probably still buy the $20 Farmtec to butcher, I mean practice on :)

Doesn't really seem to matter as neither Hyway or Meteor makes a 42mm cylinder for an 024. Cheap aftermarket seems to be the only option for this saw.
I did not know that . TU btw there is an oem 024 cylinder in good shape on e bay rt now for 65.00 if needed

Latest posts

Back