Deming, WA Log Show 2007 Who's Going?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHL-KID

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright northwest saw fanatics, the show starts this weekend........anybody going to check it out? I'm driving 400 miles across the opposite end of the state to see it this Saturday. Deming is my good buddy's hometown and he explained it was worth the drive. Hope to see some of you guys up there!

By the way........this is my first time going to the Deming Show, anyone care to share the highlights?

:cheers:

I'll be there rain or shine with the "Termite".

The Log Show Arena is like a big horseshoe. Sit in the stands on the "left" side towards the end near the spar poles(The announcing booth will be to your right side in the middle of the "shoe"). You'll be closer to where the unlimited hotsaws run. If ya find yourself sittin' in the middle of a bunch of rowdy hung over loggers from Buckley and Orting... you are in the right spot.;)

Look me up, and stop by the campground for a beer...

Hey Andy... bring your kit... I need ya to look at the 361. LOL... j/k:laugh:

Gary

sounds like a good time!

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the show. Gary, I will have to look you up......i'm always in the mood for drinkin' a cold one and talkin' saws. So are there any venders out there showing off equipment/logging items? :D

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the show. Gary, I will have to look you up......i'm always in the mood for drinkin' a cold one and talkin' saws. So are there any venders out there showing off equipment/logging items? :D

Tons of 'em... Loaders, Log trucks, Excavators, Feller-bunchers, Processors, etc... Wood's Logging Supply will have a booth with Stihl chainsaws, there is chainsaw carvers, and other art to look at and buy. There is an old dude that paints logging scenes on old cross-cut saws and other stuff. Oh yeah, and stick around for the salmon BBQ. The Logging Show Commitee puts on the BBQ... and it is damn good.

See ya there!

Gary

Gary, sounds like it's right up my alley!!!! trucks, heavy equipment, saws, BBQ, and beer. I miss eatin' salmon, most of the inlanders hate fish here. By the way, the women folk (wives/girlfriends) want to come along with us, anything there to keep them occupied? Haha! :D Take it easy! STIHL-KID

The show is the same on both days... but you can get better deals from vendors and people sellin' stuff on Sunday... because they don't wanna have to pack all their crap back with them.

The women will have a good time... Just bring them to see me... I'm a celebrity... just ask me. LOL... j/k:)

Gary

The wife and I are going to try and make at least one day of the show. I"ll try and look up a few of you guys.

CMM

What a guy, and I only met you once. Don't make me bring my 441 over there and put a whoppin on you. Anyway looks like Saturday will be the day so you can go Sunday.

CMM

Andy tells me the weather is sounding iffy for Saturday. I might go to the small log show at Port Gamble Saturday, and Deming Sunday.

If you ever see this man at one of the log shows in the PNW... hide your beer and your saws. I think he is a friend of crazymanmike's...

attachment.php

He smelled like race gas, bar oil, and cheap whiskey... when he shows up with his "entourage", just let them do what they want... no one gets hurt that way.

He had a couple of junk saws with 1/2 inch scratcher chain on them... he used a fingernail file to put an edge on them. One saw leaked (what I don't know) so bad... it looked like a dog peed on his leg everytime he ran the saw. There is prolly a picture of him in the post office somewhere... or on a milk carton...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gary

Last edited:
That's the same guy... :D :D

I got to finally meet Roger Barnett, and he took some really snazzy pics of the Termite runnin' through the log. Thanks Roger!!! I got no still shots of our cuts... my dad was busy takin' some video. I will be posting it soon.

Just missed Andy (Lakeside53), and I didn't see anybody else. The weather was really crappy. Rained all weekend long. However on Sunday, it let up just a little for us to cut with the Unlimiteds.

Gary

That's the same guy... :D :D

I got to finally meet Roger Barnett, and he took some really snazzy pics of the Termite runnin' through the log. Thanks Roger!!! I got no still shots of our cuts... my dad was busy takin' some video. I will be posting it soon.

Just missed Andy (Lakeside53), and I didn't see anybody else. The weather was really crappy. Rained all weekend long. However on Sunday, it let up just a little for us to cut with the Unlimiteds.

Gary

Well fill us in,,, how did the Termite do on her first outing????? or did I miss it on another thread,,,,,,,,,,,, Ive been working on saws, blowers, and string trimmers all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back