Dennis Greffard, Man of Integrity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just wanted to set a few points straight regarding the MS260Pro that Dennis built for me and the type of guy that Dennis is. Right from the onset Dennis and I knew that the fixed Hi speed jet might be a problem, we discussed this via telephone right after I put the saw in the mail. We kept a "wait and see" attitude toward the limitations of the fixed jet, meanwhile discussing carb options if it didn`t work out. My concerns were as deep as his and the understanding which was suggested by myself, was that if it became neccessary to replace the carb, I would bear all expenses because I knew of the limitations before I sent him the saw. Long story short is that the saw ran acceptably for him in B.C. and for Dennis, Gypo, and Rotax in Washington, so he sent me the saw confident that it was running right. You know the rest of the story, first it was running over 15,000 rpm here (central NY state) when the temps were just above 0°F and then when the temps got into the high 40s last week it was running at about 13K and it wouldn`t rev enough to clean out. I tried another new fixed jet carb on the saw because I had one available, which didn`t work, and I have been frustrated as I wait for the parts that will make it work. In all fairness to Stihl, this is a modified saw so I can`t blame them for the fact that it isn`t dialed in, I can however question the wisdom of a fixed Hi speed jet. I have made a few remarks regarding my dissatisfaction with the fact that I can`t dial in my saw enough to run it, but never meant to imply that it is any shortcoming on Dennis` part. I want to make that clear. This is not any fault of Dennis. So anyway, when I log on this morning I get a new PM from Dennis stating that he has ordered a new fully adjustable carb for me and it is on the way. He stands so firmly behind his workmanship that he will reach into his own pocket to achieve customer satisfaction. Of course I will not let him pay for it, but I am genuinely greatful for his efforts. So to set the record straight, I in no way fault Dennis for the problems that I am experiencing with the fixed jet and he is such a stand up guy that he willing to fix a problem that is in no way his fault, at his own expense. There are plenty of reasons why this combo may not be working, not the least of which may be the percentage of oxygenated gasoline that the suppliers are slipping to us to bring us in under pollution limits that would dictate all oxygenated fuel during the winter months. There was one day where the saw was running at about 13,800 rpms and it kicked ass, really got up and talked, and I can see that Dennis did an excellent job on the mods and I would recommend this saw for mods with a few qualifications. Choose the standard model with adjustable carb or be prepared to spend the extra money for another carb. Russ

Jez Russ, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! There goes Dennis' "rough n' tumble", "I don't give a crap" image. Now we all know he's really a good guy.

All jokes aside, Dennis makes many people here at AS very happy w/the things he does and says. Maybe we could all sign a petition and he could run in the 2004 Presidential election. OOPS! I forgot about that legal resident requirement thingy. See Dennis, If only you were an American, you could have been President!

Sean

Seesaw, Jokers just told us what a man of integrity Dennis is.
No way could he cut it as a politician here!:p

Russ,

I'm pretty confident that the "standard" model does not currently offer any more carburetor adjustability than the "pro" model.

I appreciate the position you've taken in this matter as well as your demeanor.

Glen

Russ....muchly appreciated kind words...lets just make this thing work properly...we can deal with the details later...

Glens....the standard model, if I am correct, (and I know I will be corrected if I am wrong..lol..) comes with a fully adjustable carb...

President?? hmm...worth looking into...there are perks with that job right?? Monic....never mind...lol..

credibility ,old fashioneds strait up honesty is a thing i put a high value on.to lose it for a legitimate reason, is about the worst thing i can know about a man.after all ,if a man is not honest
what dam difference does it make what he says.
i say this with the realization that some time folks will try and tear dn a mans credibility for their on reasons .for this reason im slow to evaluate a person as dishonest.
of course theres always the bull--------, that i dont even count.
thats just boys having fun.:)
id say russ evaluation of denis is about the best u can say about a man. it be worth a lot to me ,if i were planning buisiness with him.jmho

Dennis has boat loads of integrity, I recall the first time I met him.
While hitch hiking from Edmonton to Kamloops, I managed to buy a few 2100's along the way.
With the 5 powerheads over my shoulder through a rope, like so many 10# bass, a delapatated 73 Dodge came to a screeking halt as I walked backwards along the hwy. with my thumb out.
Anyway, after obligingly accepting the ride, I noticed Dennis showed a particular interest in my saws.
He seemed like a nice enough guy, so I asked if he would like to stop for a couple of beverages. This was fine with Dennis, but after we had stopped and I was waiting for him in the lounge for about 15 minutes, I checked the parking lot and Dennis and his truck were gone, along with my 5
huskys.
Several months later, I ran into Dennis again, but this time he pryed ten flats of Bud out of me.
I guess I never will learn my lesson, however this spring I shall get him back.
John

What do you mean?

In your praise of a quote for Dennis you wrote ...
You know the rest of the story, first it was running over 15,000 rpm here (central NY state) when the temps were just above 0°F and then when the temps got into the high 40s last week it was running at about 13K and it wouldn`t rev enough to clean out.

Are you saying you need over 15k of RPM to clean out the carbon?

I believe these are alocated to only smartest, fastest or most inbibing members of arboristsite. You may also qualify by buying Dennis at least 10 cases of beer. Some of us have attained 3 or 4 of the above requirements in our 1st season alone. Hope this helps

You are correct as usual, Robert, but I just talked to Dennis and he stated that because of inflation, the fact that the exchange rate is not too favorable and a few other things, the price has now gone from a fee of 10 cases of beer and possession of an interesting personality to $250,000 US and possession of an uninteresting personality.

Doug, it was unfortunate that you missed the inflation hike, but luckily met both of the latter qualifications.

Woodsjunkie and SM....These personal monikers are something I am giving out to people when I get to know them on a personal level...whether it be via email, telephone, or in person. It also gives new users a sense of what kind of personality these posters have. They are nicknames that I have chosen, based upon each persons personality.

Hey Dennis,
No matter how uninteresting you think I am, it's always comforting for me to know that there will always be somebody out here that's even more boring than I am.

Latest posts

Back