Depression?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallfarmboy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am sitting here this morning, listening to the pinging of sleet on the windows, watching it pile up outside, schools are out (I am a teacher)... And I am totally depressed. Why? Not because I don't like this weather... I enjoy a good winter storm. I am depressed because I don't have any saws that I can work on. I have a 242xp that is begging to be worked on, BUT I didn't order parts (piston, muffler, air filter) soon enough. So, I have nothing to do at all today.

Does anyone else get depressed if you have no saws to work on?

TFB

No but I do get depressed if I can't get out into the woods for a few days a week. This coming storm is going to suck..I don't need this snow. got lots of wood to cut and a trans to put into a explorer. Good thing I got it in the garage yesterday.

Last edited:
Well i'v got all the hot weather and dead saw's you can handle, drag your sorry butt to the airport and get on a plane. Give me a ring when you get here and i'll tell ya how long it takes to walk to my place:hmm3grin2orange:

I am depressed because I don't have any saws that I can work on.

This is exactly why you need to have a wild thing or craftsman equivalent laying around. If it runs, creatively break it. If it doesn't run take it apart, determine cause and throw it away.

This is exactly why you need to have a wild thing or craftsman equivalent laying around. If it runs, creatively break it. If it doesn't run take it apart, determine cause and throw it away.

Well, I do have an old Homelite Super 2 that I could tinker with. It runs, but not very well.
Maybe I could tear into my MS200T and open the ports up a little?

Being bored sucks.

I've done pretty good this winter.usually if i cant get outside i get depressed too.I'm the type if i can't keep my mind occupied on something i'm miserable.chainsaws helped this winter.not only working on them but also cutting firewood for my helper.
since the weather has warmed up a little bit i've been itching to get back to work.i still have saws to work on but dont want to be stuck in the garage.I have rocks to stack around the lake bank and leaves to clean up but its just too windy.i finally broke down and picked up beer cans to sell the other day.still not enough to pay the bills but it kept my mind occupied :)

even worse is having a saw you just finished restoring, and it being too miserable to take it out and test it.:cry:

I get depressed for the opposite reason in my shop. I have several dozen projects, many with the parts sitting there, and no time to get 'em done. Good news is that they're not costing me any money to sit there. It may be another 30 years before I get to some of them, but at least I have the parts......

Remember this day the next time you see a deal on a saw somewhere, and then you will be compelled to bring it home. Guess this is the proverbial "rainy day project" without the project, huh?

Latest posts

Back