Detailing a chainsaw ,the official PSP thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
professionals saws get used up not sold.
That was my point. Some people r enthusiasts and saws r a hobby and to some they r nothing more than a tool . Different strokes for folks and id probably use a saw accordingly if for work purposes only and someone else was buying them. Mine will cut firewood and cut a few trees for people that need help but still stay looking as new as possible

Lol!! Sounds good my man! Abuse the hell out of them!!!
Abuse? Not really but they don't get babied or coddled or treated like a holy object either . Can you believe it, some of us don't even have pet names for our saws? Some times we even leave them in the woods all night under a tree or a pile of brush if we have too steep of a climb or too far to walk out. Sometimes the saw doesn't come out of the woods all week. A little wipe down with a rag, clean fuel, and a clean airfilter is about all the PSP they get...if they get that much.
Saws are just another piece of machinery we use to make a living and detailing them...Q-tips and special cleaning solvents and waxes and spray coatings...doesn't make us any more money than a dirty saw. As long as they run every day...and run hard...looks don't really matter.
But that's just us guys that make a living with them. If you're playing with saws and have the time and it makes you happy then by all means order up Q-tips by the case and special wax by the gallon.

Abuse? Not really but they don't get babied or coddled or treated like a holy object either . Can you believe it, some of us don't even have pet names for our saws? Some times we even leave them in the woods all night under a tree or a pile of brush if we have too steep of a climb or too far to walk out. Sometimes the saw doesn't come out of the woods all week. A little wipe down with a rag, clean fuel, and a clean airfilter is about all the PSP they get...if they get that much.
Saws are just another piece of machinery we use to make a living and detailing them...Q-tips and special cleaning solvents and waxes and spray coatings...doesn't make us any more money than a dirty saw. As long as they run every day...and run hard...looks don't really matter.
But that's just us guys that make a living with them. If you're playing with saws and have the time and it makes you happy then by all means order up Q-tips by the case and special wax by the gallon.
I agree

Who cleans saws? Just replace all the parts with new ones a couple times a year!
..sure ya do
Practised at the art of deception.

I replaced the new parts with old parts,
true.
I have given the new stuff away, tank and all, so my Friend/Mechanic can draw them in like night hunting shark in the spotlight.
eeeeeeeeazzzzy.
I get looked after in return a set of old covers and I only have to give him $50 bucks.

Okay Keith, you're probably right. The next time I run my saws through the car wash I'll spray them down with saw mix first and maybe throw an old sandwich baggie over the spark plug. If I can find one.
Awhile back we had a cutting job on an island and had to take a crew boat back and forth. Towing the saws on a rope behind the boat worked pretty good but really, the car wash is much better.

You don't tow the Stihls, you throw them over when you get to the fishin' hole. If the current is strong you might have to toss an 090.

You guys are over-thinking this. Just put the saws in the back of the pickup and drive through the car wash on the way home from the woods.
For you real OCD types, pay extra and get the double hot wax.

Detailing saws? People really do that?
More like throw the saws in back and hope fir rain. I mean get real who washes a woods truck.

PH on shiner bock? I am worried it might be too acidic for some of my more delicate plastics.
what kind of bouquet does it leave on the saw? I really prefer a less sweet hops odor for work saws and a bit more sweet for the true shelf queens.

Hey man my preferred brand of organic cotton wrapped, lambs wool-padded, polishing swabs only come in 6 pack convenience bundles, packaged in holistic recycled packaging the way the good lord intended, praise be.
Clearly your ignorance is also shown by assuming that premium GMO-free saw wax is available by the gallon. This stuff is harvested from the fiercest, natural bee-hives by specially trained pygmies high in the Himalayas and hand mixed by eunuchs under the supervision of a 7th century blind monk who blesses each ounce as it is packaged and sealed for the next sawyer on the waiting list.

.....by the gallon, what a rube :)

Your words not mine...but I agree...douche.

If i hit the lotto im buying a new top handle everyday , when the beer whistle blows im gonna throw it just to watch it fall to its demise , im gonna go down as one of the greatest saw punishers of all time..maybe that will help me get a little more trim now and then , not to mention some cool pics for the SPC and the DORE clubs of AS..who you callin daddy now ?

View attachment 470854

This is what I use for the Stihls

So hurtful, but at least I have extra tears to use as fuel stabilizer:)
Which 2 cycle brand and ratio do you guys recommend for a NOS ported 10mm Slant fin?

IMG_1117_zpssctwz92w.jpg

IMG_1119_zpsn7ptkim2.jpg

Latest posts

Back