Devcon user help!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillerModSaws

USE2COULDBESPONSER!
Reaction score
I'm trying out devcon 10610 and it dosnt seem like it's getting hard enough. I've tried 2 seperate batches so I'd like some advice from the boys that have used it. Here's a cylinder I epoxied. You'll see how easy it grinds out!

I was talkin about how much you were hoggin out at a time.

I know your experimenting with it... So when you get it figured out I'll hit ya up :cheers:

I was talkin about how much you were hoggin out at a time.

I know your experimenting with it... So when you get it figured out I'll hit ya up :cheers:
O I gotcha. Lol. Well to be honest this intake was at 82° and I want it at 80. So there will only be a thin layer there when I'm done. :rock:

Here was my first experiment. This was one if my 046D cylinder I was using when testing bridge ports. I opened it up a bit much. She turned out nice and seems to be holding in there awesome. I'm gonna sell this cylinder but me being anal sometimes gets the better of me. 20150517_102118.jpg20150712_184702.jpg

The surface needs to be super clean and roughed up quite a bit when using Devcon or something similar.

I boil the jugs in Purple Power after I cut the ports. After a hot bath in the sink, I "gas" them in the stove for a few minutes at 275°.
The quick clean method for epoxies and loctite is a squirt of brake cleaner and a blow off with air. Anything that doesn't leave a residue - like petrol - will work.

O roughed it up really good and actually took a pointed burr and made down gouges in opposite direction. Cleaned several times with break cleaner. Applied the epoxy and when it started to set I took my finger and made sure it was smushed in there good. Here's the roughed in 7910 intake.

Attachments

• 20150712_211026.jpg
    20150712_211026.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 55
I let mine set 4 days. I was too busy to get to it sooner. 24 hours would probably be overkill since it says 16.

Slow hardening epoxies are stronger than ones with a faster catalyst. More resin. You can force it to cure quicker with heat. Gentle heat. Like put it inside a car on a hot day.

If it is gummy when you grind it then it's either not fully cured or your tool is just smearing it and not cutting. Use slower speeds, different cutter/burr or try putting the cylinder in the freezer before shaping the epoxy (after it is FULLY cured).

Latest posts

Back