DFI & TC-W3 2cycle Marine engine oil is good for Husqvarna Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say yes, use it!!!

I have no one to impress by spending big money on an oils label!!

I have been using that oil for over 30 years in all of my 2 stroke engines, Chainsaws, snow machines , outboards and Many RC Airplane engines! I use that oil in many/all of my RC engines Converted to spark ignition engines, that were designed for Glow fuels high oil content because these engines have bushed rods, no bearings in the rods.

oil specs:

Super Tech TC-W3 Outboard 2-Cycle Oil, 1 Gallon:

• Premium, high-quality Super Tech engine oil
  • Specially designed for use in outboard motors
  • Ideal for motorcycles, snowmobiles, chain saws and garden equipment
  • Also useful for other fuel-lubricated or fuel-injected 2-cycle engines
  • Container measures: 7.62"L x 3.87"W x 11.62"H
  • Model number: WM06104P outboard engine oil
  • Enhances lubrication, engine cleanliness and rust and corrosion protection
  • Improves performance when used with low-octane, unleaded gasoline
  • Anti-gel formula will not separate out or clog injector screens
  • Can be used in either premixed or variable-ratio oil injection systems
As you can plainly see it is rated for all air cooled applications!

I currently have 4 gallons of it on the shelf in my shop. This is the only 2 stroke oil i use with 2 stroke petro fueled engines. This is the latest engine I have converted to ignition, it is .78 cu IN :

This is a very good oil and it will work fine for anyone that choses to use it and mixes it at the applications recomended mix ratio.

Ken, Central

The TCW3 rating is only about 25 years old. Walmart started selling knock off oil products maybe 15 years ago starting with diesel oils then later lawn mower and 2 cycle oil but it was not TCW3. Walmart used to sell poulan oils then they got whom ever it was that made and bottled the oil for poulan to start making 2 cycle oil and eventually bar oil. Im unsure who mixes/bottles for them now but your equipment will be down on power, it seems to burn clean tho.

oil specs:

Super Tech TC-W3 Outboard 2-Cycle Oil, 1 Gallon:

• Premium, high-quality Super Tech engine oil
  • Specially designed for use in outboard motors
  • Ideal for motorcycles, snowmobiles, chain saws and garden equipment
As you can plainly see it is rated for all air cooled applications!
Ummm, I can see that it is rated for TC-W3. Everything else I see are just claims, not ratings.

This thread reminds me of all the lawsuits over 303 tractor hydraulic oil. Sold cheap with unsubstantiated claims that it was "suitable for all tractors", when in fact the former Deere spec was based on whale oil and has been obsolete for decades.

Ummm, I can see that it is rated for TC-W3. Everything else I see are just claims, not ratings.

This thread reminds me of all the lawsuits over 303 tractor hydraulic oil. Sold cheap with unsubstantiated claims that it was "suitable for all tractors", when in fact the former Deere spec was based on whale oil and has been obsolete for decades.
What could be wrong with walmart oil? Don't they sell Poulan "Pro" chainsaws too?

TC-W3 is not only for water cooled engines, but water that is rarely above 75°F. The exact OPPOSITE properties in an oil that you want for a chainsaw.

Amsoil Saber is the best there is for hot running air-cooled 2-stroke engines, hands down. Seen the proof with my own eyes. Call it snake oil, overpriced, or what have you - nothing will change my mind now. My 19 year old Echo weedwhacker is still at 135 psi COLD thanks to the stuff, and NEVER been apart for scraping carbon. I've got 2.5 acres to whack, and it always gets neglected and turns back into a forest - I really could use a brush hog, but the Echo was much cheaper.

i am sure manufacturers hope you use Wally World oil, cause that means you may be buying a new unit sooner- they make more money on units than oil...........
Well that is one thought. If true though then the oil sold under the manufactures label should be crap also. Why chance it with selling you quality oil, they should make sure their oil is inferior also to make sure you buy sooner rather than later.

Now with that being said I would not use the oil posted by the OP. I prefer proven quality oil. I also do not trust oil injection but that is a seperate subject.

I have used marine grade 2cycle Pennz engine oil for my 3 Husqvarna chainsaws and echo 2 blowers and trimmer for more than 20 years without any troubles.
Pretty good indication YOU NEVER READ ANY OWNER MANUAL? GUARANTEE IT IS IN BOLD PRINT TO never USE TWC OIL. As Redline oil said "at what point/temperature does the oil change from a LUBE TO a gummy ADHESIVE?".

Back