Looking for a new chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally there are always many things to choose from. That being said there is something to be said sticking to the brand you know and the dealer you know but on the other hand sometimes it is a learning experience to try something else. If you decide to try another brand likely there will be things you like better and thing you don't like. Have fun looking around and deciding by what you read and what they feel like when you get the saws in your hand.

Regards

They only saws I'd reccomend in the 60cc class is the 562xp and the ms400c. Loved my 562xp when I had it, hot rod of a saw. The 400 out cuts it and weighs the same. Wouldn't even look at a ms362. Not worth the cost over the 562xp. If you're going to stay with predominantly 18" and under the ms261 or 550xp would serve you well.
Thats exactly what i was thinking!The Stihl MS 362 isn't worth the 1030 USD my dealer asks for the 562 xp is like 830 USD and its the same cc's and HP!

Hello,Andrew from Romania here.

So,rigth now im looking for a new chainsaw as winter is coming and so is the need for firewood.And the thing is that my little 38cc/14 inch saw just can't really handle the work plus somethimes i come across some thicc logs(18 inch/45 cm) and up so my little Husqvarna is really struggling so if i could get some recommandations i would be great.
Requirments:
No more than 60cc's
Husqvarna or Stihl THANKS IN ADVANCE :)
Being able to handle 20 inch bars
No less than 50cc
Preferably a pro grade saw.

Husqvarna 120 Mark II​

Hello,Andrew from Romania here.

So,rigth now im looking for a new chainsaw as winter is coming and so is the need for firewood.And the thing is that my little 38cc/14 inch saw just can't really handle the work plus somethimes i come across some thicc logs(18 inch/45 cm) and up so my little Husqvarna is really struggling so if i could get some recommandations i would be great.
Requirments:
No more than 60cc's
Husqvarna or Stihl THANKS IN ADVANCE :)
Being able to handle 20 inch bars
No less than 50cc
Preferably a pro grade saw.
May be an idea to check out a 590 echo. 5 year homeowner warranty.
Cost less than an equivalent husky or stihl.

May be an idea to check out a 590 echo. 5 year homeowner warranty.
Cost less than an equivalent husky or stihl.
Hey man, a little late as i've already got a Stihl MS 362 its been a great saw so far but i appreciate the effort.

Back