Did I make a mistake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+2, and.. try to find a "dry rock" this time of year.

Hey Troll - don't cut in the dark - oh that's right, the sun doesn't rise over you this time of year...lolololol

I am thinking of taking it away from her and just giving her a bow-saw for her truck. She still loves the saw and wants to keep it in her truck. Suggestions?

I learned a long time ago about free-will and relationships. If I took it away from her I am sure I would have something more valued taken away from me.

In an adult relationship you cannot take anything away from the other person, you can have a discussion to relay your fears and concerns and hope that these get taken into account.

You can also try eduction but my better half just prefers to learn things on her own, and I have to admit she is very smart cookie although we do things vastly different.

Last edited:
Buy her all the protective gear and show her how to use it. Walk her through all the safety aspect of using a saw and leave it at that.

She's an adult, treat her like one.

+2, and.. try to find a "dry rock" this time of year.

Hey Troll - don't cut in the dark - oh that's right, the sun doesn't rise over you this time of year...lolololol

It does, but secure footing is more important than anything else.....:greenchainsaw:

One reason I do not cut with a lot of ice around. Fresh snow is bad enough. Had to cut a lot in the snow last year. Of course up there above the Arctic Circle... no light, and no thaw. Teeth chattering... mind going through some Jack Nicholson in-the-movie The Shining scenes... with a chainsaw instead of an axe...

We, (Michelle and I), were down at our beach yesterday and brought two saws with us as usual. She is getting used to her little toy, (MS180C), but was cutting and lost footing on a slippery rock. When she fell she kicked the chain brake on, (love those things) and was just scared. I now look back and think maybe I made a mistake buying her a saw. I intended her to have it in her 4x4 so if she went up the mountain with her girlfriends and a tree came down in the wind she could get back. I am probably being paranoid but if she ever cut herself I would feel responsible. I am thinking of taking it away from her and just giving her a bow-saw for her truck. She still loves the saw and wants to keep it in her truck. Suggestions?

Makes sure she has the correct PPE and have her view a few safe saw operating training Videos!!!!!! Husky has some Jamb up ones!!!!!!!!! and give her some hands on training,,,,,,,

Shes a smart cookie!!!! after that she ought to be Good to Go!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Back