Did my 2186 ship yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash/banger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Jacob, just wondering if you got my saw out the door yet..........You told me you would button it right up and send it out. If you don't mind could you get me tracking number so I can keep tabs on it................I sent you an e-mail a couple of days go but got no response............I noticed you had been on the site earlier today posting so I thought it might be easier for you to communicate with me on the AS..................eagerly awaiting your response, Wade Huggins

If you were "crowe", I'm still waiting for you to email me that "Jennings" book file you got from Ken.  It'll be 2 years Feb. 9

hahaha!

Jacob J

Hey CB,

Jacob is as good as Gold. Sometimes he can be a slow on communications or shipping. If your worried he is another Dennis Geffard. He is NOT. He builds a great saw and is very honest. Those are two qualities that DG did not have. Did he have any qualities?

Happy New Year!

GW

GeorgeWLogger said:
Dennis Geffard. He is NOT. He builds a great saw and is very honest. Those are two qualities that DG did not have. Did he have any qualities?

GW

Dennis did initially build a decent saw, I have a 357 and ms260Pro that both run pretty good, never had any problems with communication either.

The way I see it, something happened that caused Dennis to flame out, he wasnt always like he ended up. I think it`s only fair to acknowledge the positive while highlighting the negative.

Russ

Glen,

Didn`t Crowe`s house burn down in that period of time? That could have been a set back.

Russ

GW,

I had more than my share of differences with Dennis, but the quality of work was never a question. This isn't the right part of town for this talk, but I have four saws between my Dad and me that Dennis built. All four of those saws run just fine if I do say so myself. They may not be massaged to the level of other builders, but lacking in power, no way. Reliable, absolutely.
Then again, we're both overbearing about upkeep.
Don't take this as me jumping into Greffard's corner, but even the 440 I waited for forever is a nice running, powerful, reliable machine.

Scott

There is some good that's come out of the problems with Dennis G. People are becoming more aware of the unreliable sellers, and saw builders on A.S. Your only good as your word!, and that's been a big problem here. The BSer's are weeding themselves out. LJS

GW,

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know the story about the 2186. I just didn't think it wise to make blanket statements that you can't substantiate.

Scott

Jokers, good memory my house did burn down right after I downloaded the Jennings information...........I was never able to get it to open up........it would always say unable to open zip file aparently I didn't have the proper applications to open it.........Sorry Glen I didn't get it to you just got sidetracked a little and the computer is no longer in service..................That 2186 is a whole other story entirely that wasn't a great running saw. I am not going to start bashing DG again but the saw lacked performance. Wade/crowe/CB

Now Now Boys.................. I just don't like this kind of talk..... If some members here got shafted by Ol Dennis Greffard then this is not the site to bash him...............Take it over to the chainsaw forum it's been a little boring over there lately. But never fear the seeds were planted and the rains came, sit tight it's a long growing season. :angel:

Keep it up Crash you might get a week exile like I did. I got more things done around the house. :eek: :heart:

Like I said I am building my reputaion on these smileys. LOL

Hey Glen,

I`ve got a copy of Two Stroke Tuner`s Handbook that I`ll see if I can get copied. Because you are a sport I`ll mail you a copy, I suppose I should mail Marky one also, but you boys have to be patient. Remember what they say about me. "He`s not very good but he sure is slow."

Russ

Hold off on that generous thought for just a moment, Russ.  In the "pay it forward" thread, Paul offered to send me a copy of a book and I'm thinking it was that one, but my thinking is a little foggy at the moment...

Happy new year.

Glen

ClearH20Scott said:
GW,

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know the story about the 2186. I just didn't think it wise to make blanket statements that you can't substantiate.

Scott
Sorry Scott. Didn't mean to say true things about your best buddy and mentor.

GW,

Yup, Dennis is my buddy alright, about as much as you are. One good cheap shot deserves another right?

FWIW, I'm trying to sell a saw that Dennis built. I knew that it was going to be a battle because of his rep. You making blanket statements about his abilities doesn't help my cause. I shouldn't have let it bother me but I did.
So, I apologize. I didn't mean to get ruffled, but I did.

Thanks for helping me sell my saw,

Scott

Certain people have a way of Ruffling feathers but dont let DG stir up more trash.............some things are worth fighting over and some things aren't............this ain't...........Some people are satisfied with DG's work and others aren't I Happen to be one that isn't....... I work my saws everyday I am a contract logger and if I am going to run a saw I want to run the best of the best............ it just wasn't what I expected it to be no biggie................lets talk about something else............Wade

So Wade, did you get that tracking # from JJ? LJS

Back