Didier splitter rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumping in from the top causes bubbles. Watching the old tank with the ram extended and the fluid dumping in and bubbling up, I figured I'd just make sure it always pumped in below the fluid level. Should help stir things up too I suppose.

I love mine. I'll try and post picks of it someday.
Actually prefer it being low to the ground, you can roll big rounds right up on the splitter without ever having to Lift.
I just pull the splitter up to the log pile, get a nice foam kneepad to kneel down on and start rolling and cracking them pushing the split pieces over to the other side never have to bend over this way; much easier on my back and I'm 41 years old and in great shape.
Never lift or bend over? What other splitter can do that for you?

Oh. And as it runs within a few minutes or sometimes as soon as I drop the end down the ground bar buries and gets splitter even lower making things even easier and locks in place.
Nice work mtnwkr!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All finished up(again). The tank came out well! I also fabbed up a handle to the front for moving in and out of my trailer and around the yard easier. I added a stiffener between the old mount on the I-beam and one of the open holes on the side of the new engine. It removed ALL of the vibration that the motor had. New Gates hose replaced the clear/braided hose I had before. I also modified the muffler to redirect the exhaust up and away instead of at the filter/hoses, and then powder coated it black again.
A lift kit is next on the list, the top of the beam is only about 16" off the ground as it sits now. It's nice when I have Big Wood but most of the time it's just hard on the back.

29079730316_e53da0fe8a_b.jpg

29007150482_0e7e3e0de6_b.jpg

28490726324_66208c1687_b.jpg

29007155292_3977d0270c_b.jpg

Great Job on the Splitter !!
Can you tell me What Gates Hose is on there, Multipurpose ?
HARD to find 5/8" Hydraulic Suction Hose !!!

I have an old Didier splitter but it has air in it. How do I bleed off the air and which hose do I need to disconnect to accomplish that? I'm an old broad and I need HELP!

Welcome, since this is an old thread you might need to start a new one to generate a reply

I have an old Didier splitter but it has air in it. How do I bleed off the air and which hose do I need to disconnect to accomplish that? I'm an old broad and I need HELP!
Hello, you do NOT have to disconnect any hoses to bleed air. system will self-bleed.
Remove oil tank cap and check level., should be about 1-1/2" from top when full.
there is a procedure for adding hydraulic oil. basically, start machine run ram all the way out, stop engine check oil level.
then start again and run ram all the way in, stop engine, check level.
Then rub ram in and out several times, stop engine and check oil.

I have to find copy of manual and will copy instructions for you. I use AW32 Hydraulic oil.

Give me a little time. someone on here has uploaded the Didier Manual, very helpful
Good Luck

Hello, you do NOT have to disconnect any hoses to bleed air. system will self-bleed.
Remove oil tank cap and check level., should be about 1-1/2" from top when full.
there is a procedure for adding hydraulic oil. basically, start machine run ram all the way out, stop engine check oil level.
then start again and run ram all the way in, stop engine, check level.
Then rub ram in and out several times, stop engine and check oil.

I have to find copy of manual and will copy instructions for you. I use AW32 Hydraulic oil.

Give me a little time. someone on here has uploaded the Didier Manual, very helpful
Good Luck
My son came over today and looked in the reservoir. Said it was low, added hydraulic and it's working again. Now I feel like an idiot!

My son came over today and looked in the reservoir. Said it was low, added hydraulic and it's working again. Now I feel like an idiot!
CMK Services, Would absolutely LOVE to have a manual on this old thing. It's a beast when running properly. I guess when it blew fluid out of the reservoir yesterday, it purged itself. I thought it was too full so didn't even consider adding more. Live and learn.

Trust me.......No reason to feel like an idiot. I once replaced a fuel pump on a truck when the only problem was my toddler son was playing in the cab and switched the dual tank switch to rear which had a hole in it. We all make simple mistakes. Some of us like myself do it more often than others.......

Trust me.......No reason to feel like an idiot. I once replaced a fuel pump on a truck when the only problem was my toddler son was playing in the cab and switched the dual tank switch to rear which had a hole in it. We all make simple mistakes. Some of us like myself do it more often than others.......
Haha! Thanks for the reminder. I basically know nothing about hydraulics except the world would be a much harder place without them. I have a JD1025R with an FEL so I guess I best learn more about them.

CMK Services, Would absolutely LOVE to have a manual on this old thing. It's a beast when running properly. I guess when it blew fluid out of the reservoir yesterday, it purged itself. I thought it was too full so didn't even consider adding more. Live and learn.
Not a Problem, please contact member " wife'nhubby" on this site, VERY helpful!
She can email you copy, send her a PM.

CMK Services

Wife'nHubby​

Please contact "wife"nhubby" on this site for copy of Didier Manual

Back